With yet another case of confirmed dengue patient from Haibowal area coming in, the health authorities have asked the residents to start taking basic precautions so as to avoid further spread of the fever.
The first case of dengue had also been reported from Haibowal two days back. So far, five patients have been confirmed. Out of them, three are from outside Ludhiana.
On Sunday, 25-year-old male patient was found suffering from dengue at DMCH.
District epidemiologist Dr Anil Verma said, “In summers, residents start using desert coolers in which they normally use the previous year’s cooling pads. These should be changed in every season because they may be carrying eggs of anopheles aedes, the mosquito causing dengue, which can become larvae whenever it will come in direct contact of fresh water being run in desert coolers. The eggs already laid in the cooler pads are bound to become larvae and spread dengue fever.”
Dr Verma said they had appealed to the residents to clean the desert coolers thoroughly and change the pads so as to avoid the spread of the fever.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Asked how mosquitoes could survive at such a high temperature when the conducive temperature for this insect is between 25-30 degrees Celsius, he said, “Inside the cooler, the minimum temperature is between 25-30 degrees Celsius only and hence it suits the mosquitoes to multiply faster.”
He asked the residents to follow basic precautions as apart from dengue, they should also watch out for malaria as June was also being observed as the malaria month. One should not allow collection of water near houses and should keep water tanks properly covered. Discarded containers, tyres and pitchers should not be thrown on rooftop, said civil surgeon Subash Batta.