A 22-year-Old resident of Janakpuri on Thursday was arrested for allegedly trying to rape a six-year old girl who was begging in Kidwai Nagar area on Wednesday evening.
The accused, Avinash Kumar, lured the girl with chocolates and ferried her to the tubewell operating room in a park.
People informed the police which arrested him and registered a case under section 376/511 (attempt to rape) of the IPC and Section 8 of the Prevention of Children from Sexual Offences Act.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
The case was registered following the statement of Anil Kumar of Ratan Pura of Phagwara. He said that he was sitting in the park when he noticed the accused taking a minor girl begging there to the tubewell room and then trying to rape her.
Sub-Inspector Rajinder Prasad at division number 2 police station said that the accused was arrested after medical examination of the girl.
He would be produced in court on Friday.