A 20-year-old boy, a resident of Ambedkar Nagar, committed suicide on Wednesday.
It was after his death that dramatic scenes were witnessed at Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital when his family alleged that he took the extreme step due to harassment by his in-laws (wife’s family).
The deceased was identified as Amandeep who used to run a shop selling lottery tickets in the area.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Ranbir, a relative of deceased, said that Amandeep had got married nine months ago but his in-laws were not happy with the love marriage.
He alleged that parents of the girl wanted to send their daughter abroad to which Aman objected and later went into depression and then consumed poison.
The family demanded strict action against the in-laws. The incharge of Marado police post said that it was yet to be confirmed if the couple was married. The body was sent to the Civil Hospital for post-mortem.