Police have arrested two persons in two separate cases of acid attack which happened on Tuesday and Wednesday.
A 16-year-old boy of Phallewal village wanted to marry 16-year-old Harneet Kaur. Both were classmates and when the later said no, the boy threw acid on her back while she was moving out of her house on Wednesday. It injured her back and legs. She is taking treatment from Civil Hospital, Ludhiana.
Inquiry officer Amarpreet Kaur said they arrested the minor boy from his house and he confessed to the crime. She said that both were earlier studying at the same school and hence were in touch with each other. She lived with her grandmother Amarjeet Kaur who said the boy had been teasing the girl for quite some time, and he attacked her with acid on Wednesday. The girl was immediately rushed to civil hospital where she was found to be suffering from about 20% burns.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
In another case, Khanna police had booked three persons for attacking one 18-year-old girl two days back when she was standing on the roof of her house. She suffered injuries on her face and neck and was rushed to Rajindera Medical College and Hospital, Patiala.
She was also stated to be suffering from about 15% burns. Since her face and neck were injured, attempt to murder charges were added in the FIR.
On investigations, it was found that instead of three, only one person had attacked the girl and he was identified as Harinandan, a close relative of the girl. He was arrested by Khanna police on Tuesday. Information revealed that he wanted to marry her but the family and the girl were not interested as they were relatives.
In December last year, Barnala-based Harpreet Kaur was attacked in a Ludhiana parlour as she was getting ready on her wedding day. The girl had later succumbed to injuries in a Mumbai hospital.