Police have arrested two persons in two separate cases of acid attack which happened on Tuesday and Wednesday.
A 16-year-old boy of Phallewal village wanted to marry 16-year-old Harneet Kaur. Both were classmates and when the later said no, the boy threw acid on her back while she was moving out of her house on Wednesday. It injured her back and legs. She is taking treatment from Civil Hospital, Ludhiana.
Inquiry officer Amarpreet Kaur said they arrested the minor boy from his house and he confessed to the crime. She said that both were earlier studying at the same school and hence were in touch with each other. She lived with her grandmother Amarjeet Kaur who said the boy had been teasing the girl for quite some time, and he attacked her with acid on Wednesday. The girl was immediately rushed to civil hospital where she was found to be suffering from about 20% burns.
In another case, Khanna police had booked three persons for attacking one 18-year-old girl two days back when she was standing on the roof of her house. She suffered injuries on her face and neck and was rushed to Rajindera Medical College and Hospital, Patiala.
She was also stated to be suffering from about 15% burns. Since her face and neck were injured, attempt to murder charges were added in the FIR.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
On investigations, it was found that instead of three, only one person had attacked the girl and he was identified as Harinandan, a close relative of the girl. He was arrested by Khanna police on Tuesday. Information revealed that he wanted to marry her but the family and the girl were not interested as they were relatives.
In December last year, Barnala-based Harpreet Kaur was attacked in a Ludhiana parlour as she was getting ready on her wedding day. The girl had later succumbed to injuries in a Mumbai hospital.