In an effort to increase voting percentage in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections, the district administration has struck a chord with 143 restaurants across the city to provide 30 per cent discount to voters.
Earlier, the theme was planned only for debutant and young voters but now restaurant owners have agreed to provide discount to all those who will vote. The offer is valid only for April 30. One has to show ink mark on finger and voter’s slip at the restaurant to avail the discount.
Talking to Newsline, Naresh Sethi, owner of Friends Regency and chairman of Hotels and Restaurants Association said, “Deputy commissioner wanted us to give discount only to new voters but we have decided to give discount to all the voters. They just have to show us the ink mark and voters slip. Directions for the same have been issued to 143 restaurant members of our association.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Meanwhile, creativity is at its best in voter’s awareness campaingn started by district administration for debut voters. While already songs have been released and appreciation ceritificates will be issued to debut voters under the campaign, the hoardings on various themes such as Aamir Khan’s Ghajini, Ranbir Kapoor’s Rockstar, Rajnikanth and others have been displayed with slogans.
Interestingly, the Municipal Corporation on directions of DC office will not be charging any money for these voter’s awareness hoardings till April 30.
While Ghajini’s Aamir Khan is reminding residents to vote on April 30 at Bharat Nagar Chowk, Rockstar’s Ranbir Kapoor is asking the people to vote because it is ‘Sadda Haq’.
Talking to Newsline, Isha Kalia, additional commissioner development, said, “We have tied up with various companies, institutes and banks and have given them these themes.
They have prepared hoardings and put them on foot over bridges and designated ad spaces on Ferozepur Road. We are not charging them as it is for a noble cause. These will remain intact till April 30.”
State Bank of India, Axis Bank, HDFC, Gulzar group and other companies have volunteered, she added. Some hoardings with hilarious slogans and cartoons will also be visible in the coming days like a boy proposing a girl and girl replying ‘propose nahi vote karo’, an astrologer advising people to vote for better future etc.
Some of the restaurants which will offer 30 per cent discount to all voters include Friends Regency, Maharaja Regency, Indian Sunmmer, Kwality, Basant, Park Plaza, Radisson Blu, Las Vegas and others. In the 2009 Lok Sabha polls, polling percentage in Ludhiana was 64 per cent.