In an effort to increase voting percentage in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections, the district administration has struck a chord with 143 restaurants across the city to provide 30 per cent discount to voters.
Earlier, the theme was planned only for debutant and young voters but now restaurant owners have agreed to provide discount to all those who will vote. The offer is valid only for April 30. One has to show ink mark on finger and voter’s slip at the restaurant to avail the discount.
Talking to Newsline, Naresh Sethi, owner of Friends Regency and chairman of Hotels and Restaurants Association said, “Deputy commissioner wanted us to give discount only to new voters but we have decided to give discount to all the voters. They just have to show us the ink mark and voters slip. Directions for the same have been issued to 143 restaurant members of our association.”
Meanwhile, creativity is at its best in voter’s awareness campaingn started by district administration for debut voters. While already songs have been released and appreciation ceritificates will be issued to debut voters under the campaign, the hoardings on various themes such as Aamir Khan’s Ghajini, Ranbir Kapoor’s Rockstar, Rajnikanth and others have been displayed with slogans.
Interestingly, the Municipal Corporation on directions of DC office will not be charging any money for these voter’s awareness hoardings till April 30.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
While Ghajini’s Aamir Khan is reminding residents to vote on April 30 at Bharat Nagar Chowk, Rockstar’s Ranbir Kapoor is asking the people to vote because it is ‘Sadda Haq’.
Talking to Newsline, Isha Kalia, additional commissioner development, said, “We have tied up with various companies, institutes and banks and have given them these themes.
They have prepared hoardings and put them on foot over bridges and designated ad spaces on Ferozepur Road. We are not charging them as it is for a noble cause. These will remain intact till April 30.”
State Bank of India, Axis Bank, HDFC, Gulzar group and other companies have volunteered, she added. Some hoardings with hilarious slogans and cartoons will also be visible in the coming days like a boy proposing a girl and girl replying ‘propose nahi vote karo’, an astrologer advising people to vote for better future etc.
Some of the restaurants which will offer 30 per cent discount to all voters include Friends Regency, Maharaja Regency, Indian Sunmmer, Kwality, Basant, Park Plaza, Radisson Blu, Las Vegas and others. In the 2009 Lok Sabha polls, polling percentage in Ludhiana was 64 per cent.