Kumar Vishwas, Aam Aadmi Party’s (AAP) probable candidate against Rahul Gandhi in the Lok Sabha elections, escaped an egg thrown at him during a press conference in Lucknow Saturday. The youth, identified as Saif Jafri and around 24-year-old, claimed to be a member of Mulayam Singh Youth Brigade.
Around 30 minutes into the press conference, Jafri disrupted the conference, yelling “Kumar Vishwas murdabad, Kumar Viskwas murdabad, Kumar Vishwas rajneeti karne layak nahi hain, aap dharmon ka apman karte hain (Down with Kumar Vishwas, he is not worthy of politics, you (Kumar) disrespect religions).”
Jafri was also carrying a pamphlet that read “(Hazrat) Imam Hussain aur Bhagwan Shiv ka apman nahi sahenge. Kumar Vishwas murdabad. (We won’t bear disrespect to Hazrat Imam Hussain and Lord Shiva. Down with Kumar Vishwas).”
Jafri was referring to allegedly objectionable comments made by Kumar during his mushairas earlier. Kumar had recently apologised for the comments.
As AAP workers tried to stop the youth, he managed to hurl an egg at Kumar. The egg, however, missed him him.
Later, talking to television channels, Jafri claimed he belongs to Mulayam Singh Youth Brigade, which is one among Samajwadi Party’s four official frontal organisations for youth.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Five minutes after the disruption, Kumar reminded that ink was thrown at Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal. “If all these four parties (Congress, BJP, SP, BSP) think that they can win elections by hurling eggs and ink at AAP’s press conferences, then I would have to say that they haven’t learnt their lesson from Delhi.”
Kumar then “announced” that now “we will win Amethi with more votes”.
Kumar had called the press meet to brief about his Sunday’s Jan Vishwas Rally in Amethi. He said through the rally, the party will target corruption and nepotism. Kumar also said unless he is called by the party, he will stay in Amethi till the elections “or till his death”.
Meanwhile, when asked about Jafri’s claim of being a member of Mulayam Youth brigade, SP spokesperson and cabinet minister Rajendra Chaudhary said he was not aware of the incident, adding, “I don’t think he (Jafri) is a prominent member of the party.” He also said he doesn’t consider such protests “appropriate.”
By Hamza Khan