Four policemen were suspended Friday for refusing to lodge an FIR into the alleged rape of a 20-year-old visually impaired girl by her two neighbours in Gagaha police station area of Gorakhpur district.
The incident took place on June 26 but the case was registered this Thursday after the victim visited Superintendent of Police (City) Paresh Pandey who was officiating as SSP.
SSP Akash Kulhari, who joined duty Friday, met the victim who alleged that she, along with her mother, was visiting the police station since June 26 when the incident occurred but the police had refused to lodge the FIR. She also alleged that policemen were pressuring to withdraw her complaint.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The SSP inquired into the allegations and later suspended four policemen — sub-inspectors R P Mishra and R P Singh and constables Mintu Singh and Govind Tiwari.
Assistant Superintendent of Police (Rural), Gorakhpur, Harish Chandra said departmental action has also been intiated against the policemen.
The officiating in-charge of Gagaha police station sub-inspector Deenanath said three accused, including a woman, were arrested Thursday. They have been identified as Bhushan, Bhagwati and Kismati.
They were produced before a court that sent them to judicial custody.
According to the complaint, the victim alleged she was alone in the house when the accused forcibly entered her room and raped her. As her mother went to enquire about the assault on her, Kismati, who is relative of one of the accused, beat up the victim and her mother.