Four policemen were suspended Friday for refusing to lodge an FIR into the alleged rape of a 20-year-old visually impaired girl by her two neighbours in Gagaha police station area of Gorakhpur district.
The incident took place on June 26 but the case was registered this Thursday after the victim visited Superintendent of Police (City) Paresh Pandey who was officiating as SSP.
SSP Akash Kulhari, who joined duty Friday, met the victim who alleged that she, along with her mother, was visiting the police station since June 26 when the incident occurred but the police had refused to lodge the FIR. She also alleged that policemen were pressuring to withdraw her complaint.
The SSP inquired into the allegations and later suspended four policemen — sub-inspectors R P Mishra and R P Singh and constables Mintu Singh and Govind Tiwari.
Assistant Superintendent of Police (Rural), Gorakhpur, Harish Chandra said departmental action has also been intiated against the policemen.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The officiating in-charge of Gagaha police station sub-inspector Deenanath said three accused, including a woman, were arrested Thursday. They have been identified as Bhushan, Bhagwati and Kismati.
They were produced before a court that sent them to judicial custody.
According to the complaint, the victim alleged she was alone in the house when the accused forcibly entered her room and raped her. As her mother went to enquire about the assault on her, Kismati, who is relative of one of the accused, beat up the victim and her mother.