Claiming threat to life from Congress workers, Aam Aadmi Party’s (AAP) Amethi candidate Kumar Vishwas sat on a protest outside Gauriganj police station after police allegedly refused to entertain his application seeking an FIR against Priyanka Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi, their representative Chandrakant Dubey, Vinod Mishra and other Congress workers Friday.
Later, police registered an FIR only against Vinod Mishra under IPC section 506 (criminal intimidation).
SP Amethi Hira Lal said an FIR as been registered against Kumar at Gauriganj police station for violating the model code of conduct and for gherao of the police station. He said the FIR against Kumar has been lodged under IPC section 188 (disobedience to order duly promulgated by a public servant), section 353 (assault or criminal force to deter public servant from discharge of his duty) and section 342 (punishment for wrongful confinement).
Earlier, in a video uploaded Thursday on YouTube by Pankaj Shukla of AAP’s Amethi team, a Congress worker identified by AAP as Vinod Mishra can be seen stopping Priyanka’s vehicle and telling her that Kumar should take Rahul’s bhaiyya’s name with respect or else he will shoot Kumar. In the video, which has since been viewed over 45,000 times, Priyanka is seen trying to calm Mishra down and asks him to meet her in office.
Around noon Friday, Kumar and his supporters went to the Gauriganj police station seeking an FIR on the basis of the video.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
When the police station officials allegedly refused to lodge an FIR, Kumar sat on a protest outside the police station flanked by party leader Shazia Ilmi and former Delhi ministers Satyendra Jain and Saurabh Bhardwaj. Kumar then also appealed to his supporters to gather at the police station for a “peaceful protest,” which resulted in hundreds of his supporters arriving at the police station.
Kumar said he will also lodge a complaint with the Election Commission.
During his campaigns, Kumar has been “threatened” by Congress workers at Trisundi and “attacked” at Sindurwa village in the past. Meanwhile, AAP workers also expressed their anger on Twitter under a CongGoonsAtAmethi hashtag.