Claiming threat to life from Congress workers, Aam Aadmi Party’s (AAP) Amethi candidate Kumar Vishwas sat on a protest outside Gauriganj police station after police allegedly refused to entertain his application seeking an FIR against Priyanka Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi, their representative Chandrakant Dubey, Vinod Mishra and other Congress workers Friday.
Later, police registered an FIR only against Vinod Mishra under IPC section 506 (criminal intimidation).
SP Amethi Hira Lal said an FIR as been registered against Kumar at Gauriganj police station for violating the model code of conduct and for gherao of the police station. He said the FIR against Kumar has been lodged under IPC section 188 (disobedience to order duly promulgated by a public servant), section 353 (assault or criminal force to deter public servant from discharge of his duty) and section 342 (punishment for wrongful confinement).
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Earlier, in a video uploaded Thursday on YouTube by Pankaj Shukla of AAP’s Amethi team, a Congress worker identified by AAP as Vinod Mishra can be seen stopping Priyanka’s vehicle and telling her that Kumar should take Rahul’s bhaiyya’s name with respect or else he will shoot Kumar. In the video, which has since been viewed over 45,000 times, Priyanka is seen trying to calm Mishra down and asks him to meet her in office.
Around noon Friday, Kumar and his supporters went to the Gauriganj police station seeking an FIR on the basis of the video.
When the police station officials allegedly refused to lodge an FIR, Kumar sat on a protest outside the police station flanked by party leader Shazia Ilmi and former Delhi ministers Satyendra Jain and Saurabh Bhardwaj. Kumar then also appealed to his supporters to gather at the police station for a “peaceful protest,” which resulted in hundreds of his supporters arriving at the police station.
Kumar said he will also lodge a complaint with the Election Commission.
During his campaigns, Kumar has been “threatened” by Congress workers at Trisundi and “attacked” at Sindurwa village in the past. Meanwhile, AAP workers also expressed their anger on Twitter under a CongGoonsAtAmethi hashtag.