Congress workers led by UP Congress Committee (UPCC) member Munna Singh ‘Trisundi’ allegedly abused and even threatened to kill Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) Amethi candidate Kumar Vishwas and his supporters on Friday.
As part of their ‘Jhadu chalao, beimaan bhagao’ yatra, Kumar and other AAP workers had reached Durgapur Bazaar in Bhadar block of Amethi in the evening. AAP workers alleged that Congress workers were present with the intention to disrupt the yatra. “We didn’t know they were Congress workers; they suddenly started misbehaving with us,” said an AAP worker.
“They started abusing me and also misbehaved with me,” Vishwas told The Indian Express.
“Led by Congress leader Munna Singh, they threatened to kill me,” he alleged, saying that Munna is the “blue-eyed boy” of Amethi MP Rahul Gandhi.
Munna Singh, meanwhile, said he was going to Amethi when he met his friend Anil Chaudhary in Durgapur Bazaar and sat in his car. “We were passing by the bazaar when Kumar walked up to our car. Since I was wearing kurta-pyjama, he asked Anil if I was a neta. When Anil replied ‘yes’, he started saying that all Congressmen are corrupt and that Rahul Gandhi is corrupt,”
Munna alleged, saying he got out of his car in protest and this led to a heated exchange.
An AAP worker claimed that Munna said “this is his area and that we should go back”.
Munna counter-alleged that the AAP has “well-trained workers who immediately started making a video and lied down on the road, saying hit us, hit us, and Vande Matram”.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Munna said he will lodge an FIR against Kumar Saturday and also call a press conference.
The AAP, too, is learnt to be contemplating filing an FIR.
The attack also saw a spurt of online activity by Kumar, who tweeted and re-tweeted over a dozen times, which included: “Attacked! – Congress goons attack our Yatra in Trishundi, Bhadar, Amethi. Threatened to kill us! (sic)” and “Har haal me ladenge chahe Jaan se kyun na maar do.”
“Their actions only indicate that they are on the backfoot,” Kumar said, adding they were staying for the night at a place barely 500 metres from Munna’s house.