Congress workers led by UP Congress Committee (UPCC) member Munna Singh ‘Trisundi’ allegedly abused and even threatened to kill Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) Amethi candidate Kumar Vishwas and his supporters on Friday.
As part of their ‘Jhadu chalao, beimaan bhagao’ yatra, Kumar and other AAP workers had reached Durgapur Bazaar in Bhadar block of Amethi in the evening. AAP workers alleged that Congress workers were present with the intention to disrupt the yatra. “We didn’t know they were Congress workers; they suddenly started misbehaving with us,” said an AAP worker.
“They started abusing me and also misbehaved with me,” Vishwas told The Indian Express.
“Led by Congress leader Munna Singh, they threatened to kill me,” he alleged, saying that Munna is the “blue-eyed boy” of Amethi MP Rahul Gandhi.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Munna Singh, meanwhile, said he was going to Amethi when he met his friend Anil Chaudhary in Durgapur Bazaar and sat in his car. “We were passing by the bazaar when Kumar walked up to our car. Since I was wearing kurta-pyjama, he asked Anil if I was a neta. When Anil replied ‘yes’, he started saying that all Congressmen are corrupt and that Rahul Gandhi is corrupt,”
Munna alleged, saying he got out of his car in protest and this led to a heated exchange.
An AAP worker claimed that Munna said “this is his area and that we should go back”.
Munna counter-alleged that the AAP has “well-trained workers who immediately started making a video and lied down on the road, saying hit us, hit us, and Vande Matram”.
Munna said he will lodge an FIR against Kumar Saturday and also call a press conference.
The AAP, too, is learnt to be contemplating filing an FIR.
The attack also saw a spurt of online activity by Kumar, who tweeted and re-tweeted over a dozen times, which included: “Attacked! – Congress goons attack our Yatra in Trishundi, Bhadar, Amethi. Threatened to kill us! (sic)” and “Har haal me ladenge chahe Jaan se kyun na maar do.”
“Their actions only indicate that they are on the backfoot,” Kumar said, adding they were staying for the night at a place barely 500 metres from Munna’s house.