Stepping up his campaign against Rahul Gandhi in his home turf, AAP leader Kumar Vishwas Monday visited the home of a Dalit where the Congress leader had spent a night and claimed nothing has changed for the family.
Vishwas, a poet-turned-politician, claimed the family of Sunita in Jawaharpur village here was still leading a “miserable” life, a day after he had mocked the Congress vice-president for spending nights at Dalit homes, calling it just “symbolism”. He also had food at the home.
Rahul stayed overnight at the same home on January 26, 2008 and had food there.
Vishwas claimed that Sunita’s fortunes had not changed despite the Congress leader’s visit.
He spoke to Sunita about her problems and directed party workers to ensure that she got a roof over her head.
“We have no permanent residence till this date. Our children are like orphans now. No proper food or education is available,” Sunita told reporters.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Later, while talking to people, Vishwas said Rs 55,000 crore was reportedly spent on Amethi’s development, which was not visible.
“There is no electricity…there is no water in tubewells, no development in villages…people should ask Rahul,” he said.
Taking a dig at Rahul for staying in Dalit houses and eating with them, Vishwas had said showing such “symbolism” would not help as the job of a Member of Parliament was to worry whether Dalits in the area represented by him have had their food even before eating his own.
“Sleeping in Dalit houses under SPG security or eating with Dalits won’t help or change things. That is not the job of an MP. His job is to worry if all Dalits have eaten food even before he has his own… This fight is not easy. I have come here to stay. I will not go back till you put your stamp on me,” he said.
“I will not go to a Dalit’s house and have dinner while simultaneously alerting TV channels to cover it,” he added.