The office of the Vice-President has asked the Union Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) to look into the complaints of alleged manipulations in the appointment of Registrar of Aligarh Muslim University (AMU). Taking cognizance of the representation of former AMU student union president Shahzad Alam ‘Barni’, the undersecretary to Vice-President Hamid Ansari, Mahitab Singh, has sent the representation to MHRD urging “appropriate action.”
AMU Vice-Chancellor Lt. Gen. (Retd.) Zameer Uddin Shah said he will assist MHRD with whatever they require and added that he will also refer the matter to UGC. Using special powers, the V-C had appointed Shahrukh Shamshad as Registrar on ad-hoc basis on May 17, 2012. The post was advertised a month later on June 16, 2012.
But Alam alleges that as per an RTI reply, instead of 45 days given to respond to the advertisement, it was extended to two months as Shamshad did not meet the mandatory criteria of having a Master’s degree and was waiting for his “fake”degree to arrive. The Registrar has said he did extend the date of responding against the advertisement for the post of registrar, as he was waiting for his degree to arrive but has maintained that it is genuine.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
RTI replies show Shamshad received his Master’s Degree from the controversial Eastern Institute for Integrated Learning in Management (EIILM), Sikkim, on August 27, 2012, which was after his appointment as Registrar. Last year, the V-C and registrar of EIILM were arrested for issuing fake degrees and the UGC also asked it to discontinue all distance mode courses.
Then, Alam alleges that as per RTI replies, Shamshad did his MBA between January 2010-December 2011 from EILLM even though he was with the Indian Air Force between 2005 and 2011. The Vice-President was a student of AMU and also its Vice Chancellor.