The office of the Vice-President has asked the Union Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) to look into the complaints of alleged manipulations in the appointment of Registrar of Aligarh Muslim University (AMU). Taking cognizance of the representation of former AMU student union president Shahzad Alam ‘Barni’, the undersecretary to Vice-President Hamid Ansari, Mahitab Singh, has sent the representation to MHRD urging “appropriate action.”
AMU Vice-Chancellor Lt. Gen. (Retd.) Zameer Uddin Shah said he will assist MHRD with whatever they require and added that he will also refer the matter to UGC. Using special powers, the V-C had appointed Shahrukh Shamshad as Registrar on ad-hoc basis on May 17, 2012. The post was advertised a month later on June 16, 2012.
But Alam alleges that as per an RTI reply, instead of 45 days given to respond to the advertisement, it was extended to two months as Shamshad did not meet the mandatory criteria of having a Master’s degree and was waiting for his “fake”degree to arrive. The Registrar has said he did extend the date of responding against the advertisement for the post of registrar, as he was waiting for his degree to arrive but has maintained that it is genuine.
RTI replies show Shamshad received his Master’s Degree from the controversial Eastern Institute for Integrated Learning in Management (EIILM), Sikkim, on August 27, 2012, which was after his appointment as Registrar. Last year, the V-C and registrar of EIILM were arrested for issuing fake degrees and the UGC also asked it to discontinue all distance mode courses.
Then, Alam alleges that as per RTI replies, Shamshad did his MBA between January 2010-December 2011 from EILLM even though he was with the Indian Air Force between 2005 and 2011. The Vice-President was a student of AMU and also its Vice Chancellor.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review