Nearly three months after he was elected an MP from Varanasi, Prime Minister Narendra Modi is likely to deploy a team of five leaders, instead of one as has been tradition, as his representative in the constituency.
The names of the team members —- BJP leaders from Varanasi —- will be decided soon and an office for them would be set up by August 15 in the temple town, a senior party leader said. “It will function as local MP’s office,” he said, the team will ensure redressal of grievances of local residents. “In the absence of a representative, the local BJP leaders attend to the local residents who reach party office with their grievances. These leaders help in the redressal of problems by coordinating with the district administration,” a party leader said.
With the formation of the five-member team, he said, the task will become more organised and systematic. The team will coordinate with the state government as well as the central government. It will also have the responsibility to draft proposals for such development works that could be executed by using MP Local Area Development Fund of Modi.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Sources said Modi wants to put a team in place as he does not want to allocate powers to one person who may function in “an arbitrary manner”.
Several local BJP leaders who were associated with Modi’s election management during Lok Sabha polls have thrown their hats in the ring to be made the PM’s representative. Party leaders in Varanasi said that search for a place to set up Modi’s office is still going on.