Nearly three months after he was elected an MP from Varanasi, Prime Minister Narendra Modi is likely to deploy a team of five leaders, instead of one as has been tradition, as his representative in the constituency.
The names of the team members —- BJP leaders from Varanasi —- will be decided soon and an office for them would be set up by August 15 in the temple town, a senior party leader said. “It will function as local MP’s office,” he said, the team will ensure redressal of grievances of local residents. “In the absence of a representative, the local BJP leaders attend to the local residents who reach party office with their grievances. These leaders help in the redressal of problems by coordinating with the district administration,” a party leader said.
With the formation of the five-member team, he said, the task will become more organised and systematic. The team will coordinate with the state government as well as the central government. It will also have the responsibility to draft proposals for such development works that could be executed by using MP Local Area Development Fund of Modi.
Sources said Modi wants to put a team in place as he does not want to allocate powers to one person who may function in “an arbitrary manner”.
Several local BJP leaders who were associated with Modi’s election management during Lok Sabha polls have thrown their hats in the ring to be made the PM’s representative. Party leaders in Varanasi said that search for a place to set up Modi’s office is still going on.
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation