After a teaseller proposed Narendra Modi’s candidature at Vadodara, hundreds of tea sellers and paan wallahs are queuing up at BJP’s Varanasi office and expressing their desire to become a proposer for Modi.
Modi is likely to file his nomination papers from Varanasi on April 22 or 24. Party state chief Laxmikant Bajpai said they are yet to confirm the dates.
BJP’s Lok Sabha in-charge for Varanasi Ashok Dhawan told The Indian Express: “Around 100 people from different sections of society are approaching to become Modiji’s proposer.”
He added teachers, traders, BHU students, intellectuals and some leading sellers of Banarasi sarees are keen on becoming Modi’s proposer. Dhawan said the rush began after a teaseller became Modi’s proposer in Vadodara.
“Many are requesting to engage themselves for Modiji’s campaigning,” Dhawan said. Some are even approaching with a copy of an electoral roll to prove they are listed as voters in Varanasi, he added.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Anil Chaurasia, a teaseller in Piplani Katra, said: “I want to propose for Modi after I came to know that a teaseller was his proposer in Vadodara.”
Shiv Shankar Chaurasiya (38), who runs a paan shop in Raja Ka Darwaja locality of Chowk police area, said he was impressed with the development he saw in Surat.