A day after 22-year-old youth was booked for rape, his body was found hanging from a tree in Kothi police station area of Barabanki district, police said Saturday. The body of Mukesh Kumar Rawat, a farmer, was recovered Friday afternoon and police claimed that he had committed suicide. However, no suicide note was found on the body.
“Autopsy report stated that death occurred due to hanging. No injury marks were found on the body,” said station officer, Kothi police station, Brijesh Singh.
Watch What Else is Making News
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Rawat was staying at his maternal uncle’s house in Barabanki for past several years.
Rawat’s family told police that he left home on Friday afternoon informing his maternal grandfather Heera Lal that he was going to the fields, SO said. Two hours later, a local resident informed Heera Lal that Rawat’s body was hanging from a tree in the field, which is around 500 metres from their house.
On being informed, a police team reached the spot and sent the body for postmortem.
Earlier, on Thursday, Barabanki police had registered an FIR on rape charges against Rawat on a complaint filed by 20-year-old married woman. The woman had alleged that she was going to the fields on Thursday morning when Rawat caught her and raped her.