Calling “most of the participants” of Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav’s Samajwadi Vikas Rath Yatra “hooligans”, BSP chief Mayawati on Thursday said the same Samajwadi Party (SP) leaders had “assaulted each other” at Akhilesh’s official address and made it “a wrestling ground for SP’s internal rift without any regard for the dignity of the CM’s residence”.
In a statement, Mayawati, referring to the reported row between minister Tejnarain alias Pawan Pandey and SP MLC Ashu Malik, said that “the scuffle between a minister and a legislator at the CM residence is a reminder of the 1995 guesthouse incident” in which she was allegedly attacked by SP legislators.
The BSP chief further said that the clash at the CM’s residence also showed that both “father and son” have “similar mentality” and there is “not much difference between them when it comes to using violence against opponents”.
Mayawati said that like Mulayam had not acted against those involved in the attack then, his son Akhilesh has not acted against the minister “who was involved in the criminal act in disregard to the clear instructions from the state president (Shivpal Yadav)”.
Stating that the clash shows the “prevalent jungleraaj” in the state, Mayawati said the top BJP leadership was silent on the statement of Governor Ram Naik that there is no “constitutional crisis in the state”, interpreting it as the result of “SP-BJP’s tacit understanding”.
Accusing the chief minister of spending large amounts of government money for his publicity instead of providing benefits to the poor, the BSP leader said Akhilesh complains that the public does not recognise him, which makes clear how many votes he will get.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016