Facing flak over the law and order situation in the state, Uttar Pradesh government is planning to set up an umbrella organisation to deal with the issue of women safety.
During a meeting today, Uttar Pradesh Chief Secretary (CS), Alok Ranjan said to resolve problems related to safety of
women through a single window, a proposal for setting up of an umbrella organisation should be presented, according to an official release.
He said a two-day seminar on gender sensitisation should be organised for police officials in which professors, psychiatrists, voluntary organisation members and judges should be invited as speakers. The CS issued direction to ensure arrangements for martial art training to girls by coordinating with principals of schools and colleges.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
He said women helpline in districts should be upgraded to make them more effective. Nodal officers should be nominated at the district levelto monitor the action taken on the complaints lodged by women on the helplines, he said. He said hoardings should be installed at police stations, government offices and public places to create awareness regarding the helpline.
The CS said the formal inauguration of “Report crime against women” link on the website of the state police and mobile application “Safety of women in distress” by Chief Minister , Akhilesh Yadav should be organised at the earliest. In the wake of forthcoming festivals, he said special vigil should be maintained.
In case of any untoward incident, if the official concerned fails to reach the spot and take necessary measures, stern action would be taken against him, he added.