Facing flak over the law and order situation in the state, Uttar Pradesh government is planning to set up an umbrella organisation to deal with the issue of women safety.
During a meeting today, Uttar Pradesh Chief Secretary (CS), Alok Ranjan said to resolve problems related to safety of
women through a single window, a proposal for setting up of an umbrella organisation should be presented, according to an official release.
He said a two-day seminar on gender sensitisation should be organised for police officials in which professors, psychiatrists, voluntary organisation members and judges should be invited as speakers. The CS issued direction to ensure arrangements for martial art training to girls by coordinating with principals of schools and colleges.
He said women helpline in districts should be upgraded to make them more effective. Nodal officers should be nominated at the district levelto monitor the action taken on the complaints lodged by women on the helplines, he said. He said hoardings should be installed at police stations, government offices and public places to create awareness regarding the helpline.
The CS said the formal inauguration of “Report crime against women” link on the website of the state police and mobile application “Safety of women in distress” by Chief Minister , Akhilesh Yadav should be organised at the earliest. In the wake of forthcoming festivals, he said special vigil should be maintained.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
In case of any untoward incident, if the official concerned fails to reach the spot and take necessary measures, stern action would be taken against him, he added.