Stepping in to end the deadlock over doctors’ strike against attack on their colleagues, Allahabad High Court on Wednesday ordered a judicial probe and directed the UP government to transfer SSP, Kanpur, Yashaswi Yadav, and other officials involved in the February 28 incident.
Taking suo motu cognisance, the Lucknow bench comprising justices Imtiyaz Murtaza and Devendra Kumar Upadhaya clarified that the order of transfer is only to resolve the situation and should not be taken as a “stigma” on the officials, while requesting the doctors to resume their duties immediately.
As the court assembled this morning, it directed that the matter be registered as a PIL and sought replies from principal secretary medical/health, SGPGI administrator and others by March 10, the next date of hearing.
It also permitted the striking doctors to intervene in the matter and appointed senior advocate Jaideep Narain Mathur as amicus curiae.
During the first half of the hearing, the court directed a probe by retired Justice V K Mathur into the matter. However as the court resumed the hearing in the second half, the state government informed it that a one man judicial commission of retired justice R.M.S Chauhan has already been set up.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Following the submission, the court kept its order in abeyance and directed the state government to file Justice Chauhan Commission’s report in three weeks. Also, the state government informed the court that with the model code of conduct coming into effect from today, police officials cannot be transferred but the court refused to consider it.
The six-day-old strike has adversely hit medical services in several parts of the state. The medicos are protesting after their colleagues at GSVC medical college were allegedly beaten up by Kanpur police and supporters of SP MLA Irfan Solanki on February 28 following an altercation with him. The doctors have been demanding arrest of Solanki, action against SSP Yashasvi Yadav and withdrawal of charges against 24 junior doctors.