Samajwadi Party state president and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Monday formally launched the party’s election campaign material for the Lok Sabha polls and also released two television advertisements.
The party’s new punchline is Roz Naya Kadam replacing the Ummid Ki Cycle it used in 2012 assembly election.
Of the two advertisements, the first is of 20 seconds and focuses on the Samajwadi Pension Scheme while the second, of 70 seconds, highlights woman empowerment by showcasing girl students using laptops distributed by Akhilesh Yadav government.
The films have been prepared by Goldmine —- the firm which had handled Akhilesh’s advertisement campaign in the assembly polls.
“We will submit the films to election commission seeking permission to air them. There is also a book on our achievements, which cannot be released right now,” Akhilesh said
He also released a digital card with a small screen. The card plays a film of clippings from party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav’s’s rallies and details achievements of the Akhilesh Yadav government. The song – Man se hain Mulayam —- plays in the background. The party plans to distribute a large number of these cards, which can be charged using a cellphone charger.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
“We are ahead of other parties as our campaign began in October with Azamgarh rallies. We have got good public support,” Akhilesh said.
Besides this, he also released a CD having six songs, including the “Man se hain Mulayam, irade lohe hain”.
Meanwhile, following objection by the Election Commision on use of word ‘Samajwadi’ in the name of an ambulance service being run in UP, Akhilesh defended the practice saying that the word was derived from the Constitution.
“We have included the word Samajwadi in our schemes from the constitution. There may be a SP government in the state, but Samajwadi stands for everyone, which is the spirit of the scheme,” Akhilesh said.
The EC on Saturday issued a notice to the SP government for using word ‘Samajwadi’ in the name of the service run under National Rural Health Mission. The scheme is named Samajwadi Ambulance Sewa.