The police have registered an FIR against three alleged sharp-shooters reportedly associated with underworld don Chhota Rajan for planning to kill two officials of the Naini Central Jail. The three accused have been lodged in the jail for over five years in various cases.
According to the police, the FIR was registered under Sections 120-B (criminal conspiracy), read with 302 (murder) of the IPC at Naini police station on Friday.
The three accused have been identified as Shakib of Sarai Mir (Azamgarh), Khan Mubarak of Tanda (Ambedkar Nagar) and Pappu Agrahari of Beniganj (Allahabad).
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
A recent surprise inspection drive by Senior SSP (Allahabad) Deepak Kumar and the District Magistrate (Allahabad) P Guruprasad is believed to be the reason behind the accused planning to kill the officials.
“The planning came to light through surveillance of mobile phones. The three were miffed with the inspection and were therefore making plans to kill deputy jail superintendent Bal Krishna Mishra and assistant jail superintendent Vijay Vikram,” said Inspector (In-charge), Naini, Indrajeet Chaturvedi.
During the inspection, while the officials recovered several incriminating articles (knives, one pen drive, and some cash from other inmates), no mobile phones were found in their possession.
The last case registered against the three was for the murder of Dhoomanganj history-sheeter Suresh Pasi almost a year ago.
Chaturvedi informed that the three had been associated with the Chhota Rajan group and had run operations from inside the jail. However, nothing incriminating was recovered from their possession during the inspection, he added.
Preliminary investigations revealed that the jail administration has been trying to tighten their control over the accused and other inmates, as there were reports of the criminals using the prison complex to run illegal operations. A few raids were conducted earlier, too.
Naini Jail Superintendent Ambarish Gaur said: “We have taken adequate steps to ensure that the jail officials are not harmed and the accused are not able to carry out any such activities.”
He, however, refused to share details on whether the accused have been shifted from their current barrack (No. 4 of one of the jails within the prison complex).