The Uttar Pradesh STF Saturday arrested a man from Meerut on charges of passing sensitive details of Indian Army to Pakistan’s Inter-Services Intelligence for past several years.
The STF also claimed to have recovered from 52-year-old Asif Ali’s possession documents pertaining to the Indian Army, a cheque of Rs 8,000 and debit card, both from a Pakistan bank, a passbook and a cheque book of an Indian bank, PAN card, cellphone and his Indian passport.
Addressing the media in Meerut, STF DSP Anil Kumar said, Asif who belongs to Dehligate area and is employed at a private factory in Meerut, was arrested from district’s Subhash Bazaar area.
As per the STF officials, besides collecting information about Indian Army, Asif’s another job was to transfer money sent from Pakistan to the bank accounts of ISI spies in India.
In Lucknow, state Additional Director General of Police (Law and Order) Mukul Goel said, Ali confessed to being an ISI agent during interrogation. About 22 years ago, Ali got married to one Rukhsana Qausar in Pakistan and had two children there, the police officer said, adding, “he used to go there on the pretext of meeting his family”.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Goel said, during one of these visits eight years ago he came in contact with an ISI officials, identified only as Zahid. “Since then he has been involved in passing information to ISI,” he said.
Asif told the police that it was Zahid who gave him a debit card of Pakistan-based bank and used to deposit money in that account. Ali claimed to have deposited deposited money into the accounts of retired junior commissioned officer (JCO) Madan Mohan Pal and serving JCO Patan Kumar Poddar, arrested on December 12, 2013 in Kolkata and August 6 this year in Hyderabad, respectively, by local agencies for their alleged ISI links.
Asif also said that he recently visited Pakistan and returned in May this year after which he purchased a laptop and gave it to an army man’s son. He had told Zahid in Pakistan about laptop’s ID.