Congress Thursday demanded rehabilitation for 22 Dalit families who were displaced from Dehli Mubarakpur village of Sultanpur district last week after their huts were allegedly torched by a section of the minority community from the same village. Congress has demanded probe into the incident by a commissioner level officer and action against local administration for their lackadaisical attitude.
On instructions from the party high-command,a five-member team comprising senior party leaders visited the
village. After interacting with the displaced family members as well as members of minority community,we found the entire incident could have been avoided if local administration had reacted fast, said Siraj Mehdi,Congress leader,who was part of the team.
Villagers told us the tension was prevailing in the area for some time and on August 31,clashes between the two communities began around 7:30pm in which members from both the communities were injured and a 55-year-old Ram Sundar was beaten to death, Mehdi said.
Villagers told the Congress leaders that after the clash,over 25 huts in the Dalit basti were torched,forcing villagers to take shelter in the Kutubpur Upper Primary School of the neighbouring village. Their huts with their belongings and foodgrains were set on fire. Some of the livestock was also killed,said Maroof Khan,part of team said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The incident took place over a land dispute. Police was deployed in the area. The situation is under control. FIR has been lodged, said Sanjay Prasad,Commissioner Faizabad division.