Congress Thursday demanded rehabilitation for 22 Dalit families who were displaced from Dehli Mubarakpur village of Sultanpur district last week after their huts were allegedly torched by a section of the minority community from the same village. Congress has demanded probe into the incident by a commissioner level officer and action against local administration for their lackadaisical attitude.
On instructions from the party high-command,a five-member team comprising senior party leaders visited the
village. After interacting with the displaced family members as well as members of minority community,we found the entire incident could have been avoided if local administration had reacted fast, said Siraj Mehdi,Congress leader,who was part of the team.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Villagers told us the tension was prevailing in the area for some time and on August 31,clashes between the two communities began around 7:30pm in which members from both the communities were injured and a 55-year-old Ram Sundar was beaten to death, Mehdi said.
Villagers told the Congress leaders that after the clash,over 25 huts in the Dalit basti were torched,forcing villagers to take shelter in the Kutubpur Upper Primary School of the neighbouring village. Their huts with their belongings and foodgrains were set on fire. Some of the livestock was also killed,said Maroof Khan,part of team said.
The incident took place over a land dispute. Police was deployed in the area. The situation is under control. FIR has been lodged, said Sanjay Prasad,Commissioner Faizabad division.