By: FAISAL FAREED
While the removal of a loudspeaker from a temple in Moradabad’s Kanth area has taken a political turn, similar incidents have come to light in different districts of western UP posing a threat to the law and order situation in the state.
Following the Kanth issue, Muslims had on Tuesday reportedly objected to installation of a loudspeaker at Bageshwar temple in Saharanpur. A mosque, where there is a huge gathering due to Ramzan, is situated opposite the temple.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Police tried to strike a settlement but both the groups were reportedly out on the roads on Wednesday, leading to tension in the district.
The incident is now being circulated through social media in the district. Prior to this, a group of people had met the Moradabad administration, objecting to installation of a loudspeaker at an under-construction religious place in Moodhapandey area. Police force is now deployed there to prevent any mishap.
Half-a-dozen similar incidents were reported from various areas of Moradabad after the Kaanth issue. Areas including Islam Nagar, Bhaisonda, Saharia, Milak, Khadakpur, Jagatpur, Meerpur Mohanchak and Daulari reported tension. Police are now patrolling the area.
On July 11, people had objected to installation of a loudspeaker at Sant Ravidas temple Khedi Viran village under Sikheda police station in Muzaffarnagar. Police again brokered an agreement between both the communities but a section refused to accept it. At present, heavy police force is stationed in the village.
In Rampur, people resorted to stone pelting and firing at Mukutpur village in Tanda police station area on Sunday after wires of a loudspeaker at a temple were pulled out by some people. Police force is deployed in the village.
At Katoda village under Kader Chowk police station area in Badaun, installation of a loudspeaker at a temple triggered tension. The situation is under control here.