By: FAISAL FAREED
While the removal of a loudspeaker from a temple in Moradabad’s Kanth area has taken a political turn, similar incidents have come to light in different districts of western UP posing a threat to the law and order situation in the state.
Following the Kanth issue, Muslims had on Tuesday reportedly objected to installation of a loudspeaker at Bageshwar temple in Saharanpur. A mosque, where there is a huge gathering due to Ramzan, is situated opposite the temple.
Police tried to strike a settlement but both the groups were reportedly out on the roads on Wednesday, leading to tension in the district.
The incident is now being circulated through social media in the district. Prior to this, a group of people had met the Moradabad administration, objecting to installation of a loudspeaker at an under-construction religious place in Moodhapandey area. Police force is now deployed there to prevent any mishap.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Half-a-dozen similar incidents were reported from various areas of Moradabad after the Kaanth issue. Areas including Islam Nagar, Bhaisonda, Saharia, Milak, Khadakpur, Jagatpur, Meerpur Mohanchak and Daulari reported tension. Police are now patrolling the area.
On July 11, people had objected to installation of a loudspeaker at Sant Ravidas temple Khedi Viran village under Sikheda police station in Muzaffarnagar. Police again brokered an agreement between both the communities but a section refused to accept it. At present, heavy police force is stationed in the village.
In Rampur, people resorted to stone pelting and firing at Mukutpur village in Tanda police station area on Sunday after wires of a loudspeaker at a temple were pulled out by some people. Police force is deployed in the village.
At Katoda village under Kader Chowk police station area in Badaun, installation of a loudspeaker at a temple triggered tension. The situation is under control here.