A 16-year-old girl was allegedly killed by her lover who was apparently miffed over severance of their relationship. The incident occurred in a village under Baragaon police station area of Varanasi district on Friday.
According to the police, the girl, a resident of Karoma village, had left her house around 8.30pmThursday saying she was going to answer nature’s call. When she did not return till late, her mother looked for her, but in vain. On Friday morning, her body was spotted in a field at some distance from her home.
“The girl was strangled with her dupatta and, subsequently, her mouth was gagged with the same cloth by the assailants,” said Station Officer (Baragaon) Shiv Kumar Mishra, adding an FIR under Sections 354 (outraging the modesty of a woman) and 302 (murder) of the IPC and different sections of the Prevention of Children Against Sexual Offences Act was registered against the accused, identified as Lakshman Pal (20).
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
The FIR was registered on the basis of a complaint lodged by the girl’s father, who worked in the handicrafts firm in Pandeypur area. His accomplice, identified as Sunil Gupta, is absconding.
The police said Pal knew the girl for the past eight to nine months. “Pal, who had dropped out of school after completing high school last year, had given a mobile phone to the girl.”