The state government has constituted a special NRI cell under UP Infrastructure and Industrial Development Department to tap NRI investments. The cell, which would have four director-rank officers from the Udyog Bandhu would act as a bridge between NRIs, state government, Centre and respective embassies.
Formation of the special cells comes on the directives of Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, who wanted the state government to have a separate wing to cater to the needs of NRIs. The cell has been assigned five tasks, which include conducting surveys and developing a database on the possibility of investment by NRIs and the creation of employment opportunities, conduct survey for identification of NRIs district-wise and the countries where they are living at present, co-ordinate with the respective departments for solutions and lastly act as a link between government and embassies of various countries.
Last week, Kanchan Verma, special secretary, Infrastructure and Industrial Development Department and also the joint executive director of Udyog Bandhu wrote to heads of all the government departments in this regard.
The four members of this cell include Ashutosh Tripathi, Mukul Saurabh, RB Verma and Ajai Pandey, who are directors in various sections of Industrial Facilitation and Grievance Redressal at Udyog Bandhu.
“As per 2012-2013 data available with Union Ministry of External Affairs, there are 1.74 lakh NRIs from UP. Our first task is to prepare guidelines to identify them,” said Ashutosh Tripathi. “After preparing the guidelines, clearance will be taken from the higher level because it would require additional funds and manpower.”
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review