The state government has constituted a special NRI cell under UP Infrastructure and Industrial Development Department to tap NRI investments. The cell, which would have four director-rank officers from the Udyog Bandhu would act as a bridge between NRIs, state government, Centre and respective embassies.
Formation of the special cells comes on the directives of Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, who wanted the state government to have a separate wing to cater to the needs of NRIs. The cell has been assigned five tasks, which include conducting surveys and developing a database on the possibility of investment by NRIs and the creation of employment opportunities, conduct survey for identification of NRIs district-wise and the countries where they are living at present, co-ordinate with the respective departments for solutions and lastly act as a link between government and embassies of various countries.
Last week, Kanchan Verma, special secretary, Infrastructure and Industrial Development Department and also the joint executive director of Udyog Bandhu wrote to heads of all the government departments in this regard.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The four members of this cell include Ashutosh Tripathi, Mukul Saurabh, RB Verma and Ajai Pandey, who are directors in various sections of Industrial Facilitation and Grievance Redressal at Udyog Bandhu.
“As per 2012-2013 data available with Union Ministry of External Affairs, there are 1.74 lakh NRIs from UP. Our first task is to prepare guidelines to identify them,” said Ashutosh Tripathi. “After preparing the guidelines, clearance will be taken from the higher level because it would require additional funds and manpower.”