BJP has fielded late Pramod Mahajan’s daughter Poonam Mahajan from the seat.
SP has declared 22 candidates from Maharashtra including controversial film actor Kamal R Khan from Mumbai’s North West Lok Sabha seat.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Farhan Azmi claimed that he had conducted a survey, which favoured his candidature against Priya Dutt, the daughter of late Sunil Dutt. “Priya Dutt’s graph is going down. She did not stand up when MNS workers thrashed north Indians in her constituency. I am in fray to win the seat,” Farhan told The Indian Express.
SP derives its support from north Indians and Muslims in Mumbai.
He also claimed that SP has base in North Central constituency with four Nagar Sewaks. “In two Assembly segments we got respectable votes,” he added. Farhan also claimed that his business establishments —- shoe store and restaurant —- are in same constituency and thus he cannot be termed an outsider.
Farhan is married to film actress Ayesha Takia.