While the Samajwadi Party (SP) has not fielded candidates against UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi in Rae Bareli and Amethi, respectively, SP MLAs in both Lok Sabha constituencies are appealing to voters to not vote for Congress but opt for ‘None Of The Above’ (NOTA) in EVMs.
SP MLA from Salon in Amethi, Asha Kishore, has appealed to the voters of her Assembly segment to press the NOTA button in protest against the lack of development in Amethi.
“Salon falls in Amethi but Rahul Gandhi is not concerned about its development. In the past five years, Rahul never visited Salon to address its problems but rather went only to those Assembly segments where Congress’s candidates have won,” said Asha.
Kishore has appealed through media and personal visits to people as well as other SP workers to opt for NOTA.
About the walkover given to Rahul by Mulayam, Asha said, “Netaji (SP chief Mulayam Singh yadav) has not fielded any candidate against Rahul but he never asked us to vote for Congress.”
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
SP MLA from Bachhrawan in Rae Bareli, Ramlal Akela, told The Indian Express that he has appealed to people of his constituency through media to opt for NOTA. Akela is busy in party’s candidate’s election in Unnao and has asked party workers in Bachhrawan to spread his appeal among masses.
Akela said he SP has done the Congress a favour by not fielding a candidate against Sonia but the party leadership never asked party workers to vote for the Congress.
“We will have to contest against Congress in 2017 Assembly elections. Priyanka Gandhi Vadra comes to campaign for Congress and she targets SP candidates in her Assembly poll campaign,” said Akela, who is chairman of joint committee of
UP Legislative Council and Legislative Council on Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Denotified Tribes.
SP MLA from Sareni in Rae Bareli, Devendra Pratap Singh, said, “My supporters in the party ask me who to vote in this election as the party has not fielded any candidate against Sonia. I have told them I will personally opt for NOTA as I expect no development in the area from candidates of other political parties.”
Sonia, too, has not fielded candidates against Mulayam in Mainpuri and against his daughter-in-law Dimple Yadav in Kannauj