While the Samajwadi Party (SP) has not fielded candidates against UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi in Rae Bareli and Amethi, respectively, SP MLAs in both Lok Sabha constituencies are appealing to voters to not vote for Congress but opt for ‘None Of The Above’ (NOTA) in EVMs.
SP MLA from Salon in Amethi, Asha Kishore, has appealed to the voters of her Assembly segment to press the NOTA button in protest against the lack of development in Amethi.
“Salon falls in Amethi but Rahul Gandhi is not concerned about its development. In the past five years, Rahul never visited Salon to address its problems but rather went only to those Assembly segments where Congress’s candidates have won,” said Asha.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Kishore has appealed through media and personal visits to people as well as other SP workers to opt for NOTA.
About the walkover given to Rahul by Mulayam, Asha said, “Netaji (SP chief Mulayam Singh yadav) has not fielded any candidate against Rahul but he never asked us to vote for Congress.”
SP MLA from Bachhrawan in Rae Bareli, Ramlal Akela, told The Indian Express that he has appealed to people of his constituency through media to opt for NOTA. Akela is busy in party’s candidate’s election in Unnao and has asked party workers in Bachhrawan to spread his appeal among masses.
Akela said he SP has done the Congress a favour by not fielding a candidate against Sonia but the party leadership never asked party workers to vote for the Congress.
“We will have to contest against Congress in 2017 Assembly elections. Priyanka Gandhi Vadra comes to campaign for Congress and she targets SP candidates in her Assembly poll campaign,” said Akela, who is chairman of joint committee of
UP Legislative Council and Legislative Council on Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Denotified Tribes.
SP MLA from Sareni in Rae Bareli, Devendra Pratap Singh, said, “My supporters in the party ask me who to vote in this election as the party has not fielded any candidate against Sonia. I have told them I will personally opt for NOTA as I expect no development in the area from candidates of other political parties.”
Sonia, too, has not fielded candidates against Mulayam in Mainpuri and against his daughter-in-law Dimple Yadav in Kannauj