Police on Thursday booked Bheem Prasad Sonkar, Samajwadi Party MLA from Ambedkar Nagar, in a rape case following a local court’s order on a complaint of his brother’s wife who is a widow. The FIR has been registered at Rajesultanpur police station in the district.
The alleged incident had taken place in July. The victim had approached the court when the police did not lodge an FIR on the grounds that a deputy SP rank officer (the Circle Officer of Jalalpur area) had conducted an inquiry into her allegations and given clean chit to the ruling party MLA. The police official had claimed that the MLA was in Lucknow the day victim alleges she was raped.
Station House Officer, Rajesultanpur police station, Anil Kumar Yadav confirmed that Sonkar has been booked on charges of rape and criminal intimidation Thursday evening.
“The victim (35) has alleged in her complaint that Sonkar called her to his room on July 18 this year when she was alone in the house. He offered her a cold drink, which was laced with sedative and allegedly raped her after she fell unconscious,” said SHO. She also alleged that the MLA had threatened her with dire consequences if she told anyone about the assault.
Circle Officer of Jalalpur area, Kamal Singh, who had conducted the inquiry earlier and given the clean chit to the MLA, told The Indian Express, “The woman had lodged the complaint with the superintendent of police (SP) in July and I was handed over the inquiry. During the probe, I collected the call detail records of the mobilephones of the MLA, his driver, public relations officer and the police gunner.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“The calls on July 17 showed their location as travelling between Ambedkar Nagar and Lucknow and next day in Lucknow. The woman alleges rape on July 18.”
Singh also claimed that he also talked to some other persons who were either called or made call to the Sonkar and his staff on these two days who confirmed MLA’s presence in Lucknow. “I submitted the report to the SP later,” he added.
“The woman had lodged the complaint after the alleged incident. Ambedkar Nagar police conducted an inquiry on the complaint of victim in which she levelled same charges. It was found during inquiry that allegation made by her were false as on the day of incident, MLA was in Lucknow,” said SHO, Rajesultanpur.
When contacted, Sonkar denied the charges claiming that he has been falsely implicated in the case.
“There is a dispute of property between me and my brother’s widow. She has lodged a false complaint against me at the instance of my opponents. On the day of the incident I was in Lucknow and this has been proven earlier in the police inquiry.”