Samajwadi Party candidate from Kairana, Nahid Hasan, has announced donation of 20 bighas land owned by him to build houses for the victims of Muzaffarnagar riots.
Hasan, son of sitting Kairana MP Tabassum Hasan, laid the foundation stone Saturday at the site which is a few km away from Kairana and near the Malakpur relief camp.
Hasan said he was flooded with applications from the riot victims ever since he announced his plan to build houses for them. Spread across 18,000 sq m area, the houses will be given to those riots-affected persons who need them most.
“I have received over 10,000 requests from the riot-affected people who need a house. It is my own land which I have donated and the committee, which will include representatives of some NGOs, will chalk out the specifics related to the construction and allotment,” Hasan said, adding the construction work will start in a week’s time.
He claimed that while the state government was doing whatever it can for the victims, he decided to do it on a personal level because construction of the houses needs to be done quickly.
Hasan said the houses will be built with the help of Zakat Foundation of India (ZFI) and some other NGOs.
ZFI president Syed Zafar Mahmood said Hasan has given his in-principle approval to use his 20 bigha land to build houses for the victims.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Mahmood had recently written a letter to the Election Commission seeking cancellation of Samajwadi Party’s registration under Representation of the People Act for failing to bear allegiance to the constitutional principles of socialism, secularism and democracy.