The Samajwadi Party Monday indicated that as a “political courtesy” it will not field candidates against Congress president Sonia Gandhi and her son and vice-president Rahul Gandhi in their respective constituencies in Uttar Pradesh in the Lok Sabha election.
The SP has already announced its nominees for 78 of the 80 Lok Sabha seats in UP but not named anyone from Rae Bareli and Amethi—the seats from where Sonia and Rahul, respectively are seeking re-election.
“Netaji (Mulayam) did not field candidates from there during last elections. They had shown courtesy by not fielding candidate in Kannauj (against wife Dimple Yadav) bypoll. Till now, we have not fielded candidates (in Rae Bareli and Amethi). It is political courtesy,” Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, who is also the state president of SP, said in Lucknow.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
As Congress did not field candidate during Kannauj bypoll, Dimple was elected unopposed.
Asked about the possibility of his party supporting Congress after Lok Sabha polls, he said nobody knows how the future will unfold. “Who knows what will happen tomorrow. As of now, we are contesting polls with Netaji (Mulayam) as front runner. It will depend on the post poll performance of various parties,” he claimed.
Akhilesh refused to comment on former SP leader Amar Singh joining Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) stating that he will not speak anything against his “uncle”.
Targeting BJP, he claimed that they are an expert in false publicity. “They are master of this trade, they even had successfully offered milk to Lord Ganesha,” he said.