The Samajwadi Party Monday indicated that as a “political courtesy” it will not field candidates against Congress president Sonia Gandhi and her son and vice-president Rahul Gandhi in their respective constituencies in Uttar Pradesh in the Lok Sabha election.
The SP has already announced its nominees for 78 of the 80 Lok Sabha seats in UP but not named anyone from Rae Bareli and Amethi—the seats from where Sonia and Rahul, respectively are seeking re-election.
“Netaji (Mulayam) did not field candidates from there during last elections. They had shown courtesy by not fielding candidate in Kannauj (against wife Dimple Yadav) bypoll. Till now, we have not fielded candidates (in Rae Bareli and Amethi). It is political courtesy,” Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, who is also the state president of SP, said in Lucknow.
As Congress did not field candidate during Kannauj bypoll, Dimple was elected unopposed.
Asked about the possibility of his party supporting Congress after Lok Sabha polls, he said nobody knows how the future will unfold. “Who knows what will happen tomorrow. As of now, we are contesting polls with Netaji (Mulayam) as front runner. It will depend on the post poll performance of various parties,” he claimed.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Akhilesh refused to comment on former SP leader Amar Singh joining Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) stating that he will not speak anything against his “uncle”.
Targeting BJP, he claimed that they are an expert in false publicity. “They are master of this trade, they even had successfully offered milk to Lord Ganesha,” he said.