Samajwadi Party (SP) Wednesday fielded former BSP minister Babu Singh Kushwahas wife Shivkanya from Ghazipur constituency by replacing sitting MP Radhey Mohan Singh.
SP also changed its candidates from three other constituencies Lalganj,Sant Kabir Nagar and Deoria fielding labour minister Waqar Shahs son Yasir from Shrawasti. Yasir is presently MLA from Matera in Bahraich.
Shivkanya,along with Babu Singh Kushwahas brother Shiv Sharan Kushwaha joined SP on July 13. They were inducted by SP terming them social workers and defended their inclusion on grounds they have the right to be in politics and cannot be blamed for being Babu Singh Kushwahas family members.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Their induction meant sitting MP from Ghazipur Radhey Mohan Singh once again lost favour with the SP leadership. Tourism minister Om Prakash Singh,who joined SP in November last year,was replaced by Radhey Mohan in March. The SP leadership thought that I may not be able to win the elections. I will not comment on the new candidate,but will declare my stand in a few days, Radhey Mohan Singh MP said.
Meanwhile,Shivkanya after joining SP is touring the state on her Jan Adhikar Yatra,targeting BSP chief Mayawati,who,she said,is the architect of NRHM scam.