Aftershocks of the Samajwadi Party’s Lok Sabha poll debacle in Uttar Pradesh continued on Thursday, with party president Mulayam Singh Yadav dissolving the state executive committee, and 15 frontal organisations of the party, signalling a revamp.
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, however, will continue to be the state president of the party.
Party’s UP spokesperson Rajendra Choudhary confirmed that the committee has been dissolved.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Mulayam’s decision was on expected lines. Several state office-bearers had offered to resign following the party’s rout. “It was our moral duty to resign. I had already offered to resign,” C P Rai, state general secretary of the party, said.
Mulayam had appointed nearly 30 SP leaders as state secretaries of the party. It is being said none of these leaders will be reinducted.
SP had a 100-member state executive and 15 frontal organisations including Lohia Vahini, Mulayam Singh Youth Brigade, Samajwadi Yuvjan Sabha, Samajwadi Chhatra Sabha, Minority Cell, Intellectual Cell, Women’s Wing, Traders’ Wing, Labour Cell, Cultural Cell and Lawyers’ Cell. Among them, four youth organisations Lohia Vahini, Mulayam Singh Youth Brigade, Samajwadi Yuvjan Sabha, Samajwadi Chhatra Sabha were under Akhilesh Yadav. All of them have been dissolved.
Two days ago, Akhilesh had sacked 32 SP leaders who had minister of state status in various government bodies. SP sources said 18 more leaders are set to be sacked.