Aftershocks of the Samajwadi Party’s Lok Sabha poll debacle in Uttar Pradesh continued on Thursday, with party president Mulayam Singh Yadav dissolving the state executive committee, and 15 frontal organisations of the party, signalling a revamp.
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, however, will continue to be the state president of the party.
Party’s UP spokesperson Rajendra Choudhary confirmed that the committee has been dissolved.
Mulayam’s decision was on expected lines. Several state office-bearers had offered to resign following the party’s rout. “It was our moral duty to resign. I had already offered to resign,” C P Rai, state general secretary of the party, said.
Mulayam had appointed nearly 30 SP leaders as state secretaries of the party. It is being said none of these leaders will be reinducted.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
SP had a 100-member state executive and 15 frontal organisations including Lohia Vahini, Mulayam Singh Youth Brigade, Samajwadi Yuvjan Sabha, Samajwadi Chhatra Sabha, Minority Cell, Intellectual Cell, Women’s Wing, Traders’ Wing, Labour Cell, Cultural Cell and Lawyers’ Cell. Among them, four youth organisations Lohia Vahini, Mulayam Singh Youth Brigade, Samajwadi Yuvjan Sabha, Samajwadi Chhatra Sabha were under Akhilesh Yadav. All of them have been dissolved.
Two days ago, Akhilesh had sacked 32 SP leaders who had minister of state status in various government bodies. SP sources said 18 more leaders are set to be sacked.