- Maha defeat for Congress
- Despite odds, a consolation
- NOTA beats smaller parties, tribals use it most
- Power shift: BJP may eye co-operative bodies next
- At 88, PWP MLA Ganpatrao Deshmukh wins his 11th Assembly polls
- Many BJP ‘imports’ fail election test despite Modi rallies
- Corruption taint spurs INLD debacle, Chautala scion loses
SP asks EC to cancel Narendra Modi’s nomination
The Samajwadi Party Friday lodged a complaint with the Election Commission of India (ECI) demanding cancellation of BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi’s nomination from Varanasi on the ground that he had not declared the income of his wife in the affidavit submitted before the District Electoral Officer (DEO).
Modi had filed his nomination from Varanasi on Thursday. The complaint has been lodged by Ganesh Yadav, chief election agent of SP candidate from Varanasi Kailash Chaurasia. The complaint alleges that Modi lied under oath as he did not declare the income details of his wife, Jashodaben. While Modi, in his affidavit, mentioned the name of of his wife, he marked other details as “not known”.