Former Delhi Law minister Somnath Bharti was Tuesday booked for overstaying in Amethi in violation of section 188 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) and section 126 of the Representation of People’s Act (RPA). AAP workers allege late Monday night, police reached Aam Aadmi Party’s (AAP) Amethi candidate Kumar Vishwas’s rented home and announced that those who were not registered as voters in Amethi should leave the house by 11pm.
As AAP workers alleged they were being singled out and protested, an argument ensued. “The police had merely gone to inform them of the norms but they made an issue out of it,” said Hamid, Station House Officer of Amethi police station.
“An FIR has been registered against Somnath Bharti, Pankaj Shukla and 25-30 others under IPC Section 188 (disobedience of order duly promulgated by public servant) and section 126 of the RPA,” Hamid said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
A district administration official said Bharti met Amethi DM Jagat Raj and was allowed to stay indoors. “They want to send me away so that they can let large-scale rigging take place,” Bharti said, adding: “I’ll be staying in Amethi and won’t allow rigging,” he said.