Former Delhi Law minister Somnath Bharti was Tuesday booked for overstaying in Amethi in violation of section 188 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) and section 126 of the Representation of People’s Act (RPA). AAP workers allege late Monday night, police reached Aam Aadmi Party’s (AAP) Amethi candidate Kumar Vishwas’s rented home and announced that those who were not registered as voters in Amethi should leave the house by 11pm.
As AAP workers alleged they were being singled out and protested, an argument ensued. “The police had merely gone to inform them of the norms but they made an issue out of it,” said Hamid, Station House Officer of Amethi police station.
“An FIR has been registered against Somnath Bharti, Pankaj Shukla and 25-30 others under IPC Section 188 (disobedience of order duly promulgated by public servant) and section 126 of the RPA,” Hamid said.
A district administration official said Bharti met Amethi DM Jagat Raj and was allowed to stay indoors. “They want to send me away so that they can let large-scale rigging take place,” Bharti said, adding: “I’ll be staying in Amethi and won’t allow rigging,” he said.
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn