On the final day of his two-day visit to Amethi and Rae Bareli,Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi indicated to partymen that organisational changes in his constituency,Amethi,would be managed by his sister Priyanka.
Priyanka has already been looking after party re organisation work in neighbouring Rae Bareli for a long time. Speaking to party workers at Bhuve Mau guest house in Rae Bareli,Rahul reportedly said that there would soon be organisational changes in his constituency as well,which would be managed by Priyanka.
Sources said that in the past 20 days,Priyanka has undertaken three meetings in Delhi with Congress leaders from Amethi to discuss future plans. The difference between Rae Bareli and Amethi would be that in Rae Bareli,she is managing things alone,whereas in Amethi,Rahul is likely to be present along with her at some meetings, said a party worker.
He said that they have been told that while Rahul would be busy campaigning in the Lok Sabha election all across the country,Priyanka would handle both the constituencies and create the cadre accordingly.
Party workers said that like Rae Bareli,soon a day would be allotted for workers and locals from Amethi to meet Priyanka in Delhi.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Rahul also held a meeting of the Rajiv Gandhi Charitable Trust,which runs Rajiv Gandhi Mahila Vikas Pariyojana,under which self-help groups of women are formed for their uplift. Yesterday,Rahul had met women from self-help groups across Rae Bareli and Amethi and,based on the feedback collected from them,he took a review meeting of the trust on Friday. He left for Delhi around 2 pm.
While the Congress could not win a single seat in Rae Bareli during the last Assembly elections in the state,in Amethi the party got only two out of five seats.