On the final day of his two-day visit to Amethi and Rae Bareli,Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi indicated to partymen that organisational changes in his constituency,Amethi,would be managed by his sister Priyanka.
Priyanka has already been looking after party re organisation work in neighbouring Rae Bareli for a long time. Speaking to party workers at Bhuve Mau guest house in Rae Bareli,Rahul reportedly said that there would soon be organisational changes in his constituency as well,which would be managed by Priyanka.
Sources said that in the past 20 days,Priyanka has undertaken three meetings in Delhi with Congress leaders from Amethi to discuss future plans. The difference between Rae Bareli and Amethi would be that in Rae Bareli,she is managing things alone,whereas in Amethi,Rahul is likely to be present along with her at some meetings, said a party worker.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
He said that they have been told that while Rahul would be busy campaigning in the Lok Sabha election all across the country,Priyanka would handle both the constituencies and create the cadre accordingly.
Party workers said that like Rae Bareli,soon a day would be allotted for workers and locals from Amethi to meet Priyanka in Delhi.
Rahul also held a meeting of the Rajiv Gandhi Charitable Trust,which runs Rajiv Gandhi Mahila Vikas Pariyojana,under which self-help groups of women are formed for their uplift. Yesterday,Rahul had met women from self-help groups across Rae Bareli and Amethi and,based on the feedback collected from them,he took a review meeting of the trust on Friday. He left for Delhi around 2 pm.
While the Congress could not win a single seat in Rae Bareli during the last Assembly elections in the state,in Amethi the party got only two out of five seats.