After Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav faced angry protests during his visit to riot-hit areas on September 15,it was PWD Minister Shivpal Yadav who witnessed public wrath in Muzaffarnagar and Shamli districts on Monday.
Shivpal was accompanied by Minister of States Kamal Akhter,Shahid Manzoor,Ram Sakal Gurjar,Chitranjan Swaroop and Jat leader Sahib Singh. He landed at Chandan Lal National Inter College in Kandhla,Shamli,and headed for the Eidgah where a relief camp has been set up for the riot victims.
Shivpal and the ministers interacted with the victims and assured them of all help.
A stage was also erected for Shivpal but he could not address the victims in the absence of a microphone .
However,as Shivpal started to leave,riot victims started raising slogans against the Samajwadi Party government. Amid this,Shivpal had a few words with Maulana Iftekharul Hasan,a local cleric,and assured him of an impartial inquiry and strong action against the guilty.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
SP is hurt by the riots. I am appealing for maintaining peace. We will not spare the culprit even if he is a high-profile person. We will try to expunge the fake cases which have been registered during the riots, Shivpal said.
Shivpal them proceded towards Jogiyakheda relief camp where he assured victims of houses. Minor commotion was witnessed when a woman who was denied a meeting with the Minister.
Shivpal,however,neither visited relief camp at Basikalan where victims were waiting for him nor Kawal village where a triple murder had triggered violence. He visited house of journalist Rajesh Verma who was killed during the riots.
Shivpal also went to Jat-dominated Kakda village where villagers blamed former MP Ameer Alam,the SP candidate from Bijnore for the Lok Sabha elections,for the violence.
Shivpal,however,did not respond to the charges. Alam,who was in the cavalcade,skipped visiting Kakad village which had seen three casualties in the riots.
Interacting with the media,Shivpal said some of those who instigated riots are behind bars and others will be arrested soon. He defended his cabinet colleague Azam Khan and said he is just and honest. Woh paak-saaf hain. There is a conspiracy against him.
Defending the state government,he said: The government did its best to stop the riots. The military was called within eight hours. Opposition parties are unnecessary targetting the government. A judicial inquiry has been set up and things will be clear after its report, he said.