After Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav faced angry protests during his visit to riot-hit areas on September 15,it was PWD Minister Shivpal Yadav who witnessed public wrath in Muzaffarnagar and Shamli districts on Monday.
Shivpal was accompanied by Minister of States Kamal Akhter,Shahid Manzoor,Ram Sakal Gurjar,Chitranjan Swaroop and Jat leader Sahib Singh. He landed at Chandan Lal National Inter College in Kandhla,Shamli,and headed for the Eidgah where a relief camp has been set up for the riot victims.
Shivpal and the ministers interacted with the victims and assured them of all help.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
A stage was also erected for Shivpal but he could not address the victims in the absence of a microphone .
However,as Shivpal started to leave,riot victims started raising slogans against the Samajwadi Party government. Amid this,Shivpal had a few words with Maulana Iftekharul Hasan,a local cleric,and assured him of an impartial inquiry and strong action against the guilty.
SP is hurt by the riots. I am appealing for maintaining peace. We will not spare the culprit even if he is a high-profile person. We will try to expunge the fake cases which have been registered during the riots, Shivpal said.
Shivpal them proceded towards Jogiyakheda relief camp where he assured victims of houses. Minor commotion was witnessed when a woman who was denied a meeting with the Minister.
Shivpal,however,neither visited relief camp at Basikalan where victims were waiting for him nor Kawal village where a triple murder had triggered violence. He visited house of journalist Rajesh Verma who was killed during the riots.
Shivpal also went to Jat-dominated Kakda village where villagers blamed former MP Ameer Alam,the SP candidate from Bijnore for the Lok Sabha elections,for the violence.
Shivpal,however,did not respond to the charges. Alam,who was in the cavalcade,skipped visiting Kakad village which had seen three casualties in the riots.
Interacting with the media,Shivpal said some of those who instigated riots are behind bars and others will be arrested soon. He defended his cabinet colleague Azam Khan and said he is just and honest. Woh paak-saaf hain. There is a conspiracy against him.
Defending the state government,he said: The government did its best to stop the riots. The military was called within eight hours. Opposition parties are unnecessary targetting the government. A judicial inquiry has been set up and things will be clear after its report, he said.