Without naming Maulana Kalbe Jawwad, minority welfare and waqf minister Azam Khan Saturday launched a scathing attack on the Shia cleric holding him responsible for the protests over election to the waqf board. He said the cleric wanted his relative Kamaluddin Akbar to be appointed as chairman of Shia Central Board of Waqfs (SCBW).
“A religious leader came to meet me on December 27 last year and requested that his relative Kamaluddin Akbar who had earlier served as chairman of SCBW should be again appointed on same post. I expressed my inability, as the election is in the hands of the members of SCBW. Perhaps, he is taking revenge over my denial,” Azam told reporters Saturday.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Azam claimed Kamaluddin Akbar is responsible for the alleged corruption in SCBW.
At present, Jawwad has opened a front against Azam, alleging the minister wants corrupt people to become chairman of SCBW. He had led a protest on the last Friday of Ramzan that resulted in police lathicharge and death of one person.
Jawwad later met Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav demanding action against those who ordered lathicharge on protesters.
Azam also released a letter addressed to Akhilesh seeking a CBI inquiry into misappropriation of waqf properties in the last 10 years.
SCBW is going to polls on August 12.