Shiv Sena has announced to contest on 35 seats in UP and has released its first list of 15 candidates Thursday. The list include candidate Ajay Chaubey who will contest against Modi in Varanasi, while state president Uday Pandey will be fielded against the BJP national president Rajnath Singh in Lucknow. Chaubey runs a chain of restaurants in Varanasi and is contesting his first election.
It is after a long time that Shiv Sena is contesting the LS elections in UP. Pandey said he had tried to form an alliance with the BJP in UP before deciding to declare the candidate names. “Recently I met BJP state in-charge Amit Shah and he had promised to give two seats to us in UP. But they announced to contest on all 80 seats in UP,” Pandey said.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Pandey, who, too, will be contesting his first Lok Sabha election, said he may change his seat as the party is in touch with a former MP who could be fielded against Rajnath.
He alleged that Rajnath Singh has always betrayed. “In 2001 by-election in Haidergarh Assembly, Shiva Sena’s Vijay Kumar Tiwari withdrew his nomination after Rajnath requested Bal Thackery. But, the BJP never maintained healthy relations with the Shiv Sena in UP,” he said.
Shiv Sena has fielded Manoj Saini in Muzaffarnagar against BJP’s Sajeev Baliyan and Hemendra Kumar Rawal against BJP’s sitting MP Rajendra Agarwal in Meerut.
Christian candidate Sunil Massey will fight against BJP national vice-president Uma Bharti in Jhansi, while Digvijay Chaubey will face senior BJP leader Kalraj Mishra in Deoria. Candidates declared on other seats include Sambhal, Bareilly, Barabanki, Nagina, Aligarh and Robertsganj.