Shiv Sena has announced to contest on 35 seats in UP and has released its first list of 15 candidates Thursday. The list include candidate Ajay Chaubey who will contest against Modi in Varanasi, while state president Uday Pandey will be fielded against the BJP national president Rajnath Singh in Lucknow. Chaubey runs a chain of restaurants in Varanasi and is contesting his first election.
It is after a long time that Shiv Sena is contesting the LS elections in UP. Pandey said he had tried to form an alliance with the BJP in UP before deciding to declare the candidate names. “Recently I met BJP state in-charge Amit Shah and he had promised to give two seats to us in UP. But they announced to contest on all 80 seats in UP,” Pandey said.
Pandey, who, too, will be contesting his first Lok Sabha election, said he may change his seat as the party is in touch with a former MP who could be fielded against Rajnath.
He alleged that Rajnath Singh has always betrayed. “In 2001 by-election in Haidergarh Assembly, Shiva Sena’s Vijay Kumar Tiwari withdrew his nomination after Rajnath requested Bal Thackery. But, the BJP never maintained healthy relations with the Shiv Sena in UP,” he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Shiv Sena has fielded Manoj Saini in Muzaffarnagar against BJP’s Sajeev Baliyan and Hemendra Kumar Rawal against BJP’s sitting MP Rajendra Agarwal in Meerut.
Christian candidate Sunil Massey will fight against BJP national vice-president Uma Bharti in Jhansi, while Digvijay Chaubey will face senior BJP leader Kalraj Mishra in Deoria. Candidates declared on other seats include Sambhal, Bareilly, Barabanki, Nagina, Aligarh and Robertsganj.