The Uttar Pradesh government Monday signed a memorandum of understanding with the Samsung Electronics for an investment of Rs 2,000 crore in Noida. The MoU was signed between Samsung India president and CEO H C Hong, and state Chief Secretary Rahul Bhatnagar. Samsung will invest the money over the next three years to double the manufacturing capacity of its Noida facility.
“In line with our commitment to ‘Make in India’, we are pleased to receive the UP government’s approval to invest in the state and expand our manufacturing base here in India,” Hong said.
Sources said that Samsung will get an additional 1.3 lakh sqm for the expansion, a move that will generate additional employment for 2,200 people.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Samsung’s mobile phone manufacturing capacity will be doubled from 6 crore units a year now to 12 crore, Bhatnagar said.
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav who was present during the function said mobile phone companies will invest in the state “in a big way” once the Samajwadi Smartphone scheme was implemented.
“We distributed laptops. Ab mobile ki demand badhegi. Ho sakta hai ki itna baantna pade ki banane mein log peechhe ho jayein (Now, the demand for cellphones would also increase and it is likely that the manufacturers would not be able to meet it),” said Akhilesh.
The CM had announced the scheme to provide smartphones through which, the government will reach the people and apprise them of its achievements and works, but the distribution is scheduled to start from next year, after the completion of the state Assembly election process.
Akhilesh claimed that investments in the state were “rising” and job opportunities were being created for the youth because of the Samajwadi Party (SP) government’s policies.
“Apart from quick decision making, we have ensured balanced development. When we thought of a expressway, we also ensured four-laning of district roads. When we distributed laptops, we also promoted dairy development,” he said. “Isi raftar se Uttar Pradesh aage badhega to number 1 par dikhayi dega (If we keep continuing to grow at this pace, we would soon be No. 1 state)”.
Earlier in the day, a cabinet meeting chaired by Akhilesh cleared a Rs 2118-crore investment proposal by yoga guru Ramdev’s ‘Patanjali’. Chief Secretary informed that Patanjali has proposed for investment at two places which included one along Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority and the other in Jhansi district of Bundelkhand.
He also informed that clearance have also been given to proposals for upgradation of under-construction International Ramleela Centre at Ayodhya and Film and Television Institute in Lucknow.