A wing of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh has taken up the cudgel to take forward the grievances of handicraft artisans whose upliftment Prime Minister Narendra Modi had impressed upon while campaigning for the Lok Sabha election in the streets of Varanasi.
Swadeshi Jagran Manch (SJM) will be documenting the problems faced by weavers of Varanasi (majority of whom are Muslims) and carpet makers in Bhadohi district, and forward a detailed report to the central government.
“The report based on the study conducted on the industries will be sent to the Government of India with recommendations to make necessary arrangement for skill development of these artisans, export of their production and investment in their business,” SJM national convener Arun Ojha told The Indian Express.
Ojha said that one Ajay Upadhyay has been given the charge of Kashi and Gorakhpur regions. SJM, he says, advocates ‘Swadeshi’ (indigenous) industry and culture, and works to make local handicraft artisans self-reliant. It runs movement concerned with spreading awareness among the masses about the importance of “Swadeshi as a way of life”.
The SJM will also analyse the current marketing conditions of their produce and keep a check on the product’s export potential. The study will also be for identifying those artisans who need government help for skill development.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Modi, during the election campaign as BJP’s Varanasi candidate, had taken up the issues faced by the weavers and other artisans of local small scale industries in the eastern UP and promised to help them by providing advanced powerlooms if he came to power at the Centre.