A wing of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh has taken up the cudgel to take forward the grievances of handicraft artisans whose upliftment Prime Minister Narendra Modi had impressed upon while campaigning for the Lok Sabha election in the streets of Varanasi.
Swadeshi Jagran Manch (SJM) will be documenting the problems faced by weavers of Varanasi (majority of whom are Muslims) and carpet makers in Bhadohi district, and forward a detailed report to the central government.
“The report based on the study conducted on the industries will be sent to the Government of India with recommendations to make necessary arrangement for skill development of these artisans, export of their production and investment in their business,” SJM national convener Arun Ojha told The Indian Express.
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
Ojha said that one Ajay Upadhyay has been given the charge of Kashi and Gorakhpur regions. SJM, he says, advocates ‘Swadeshi’ (indigenous) industry and culture, and works to make local handicraft artisans self-reliant. It runs movement concerned with spreading awareness among the masses about the importance of “Swadeshi as a way of life”.
The SJM will also analyse the current marketing conditions of their produce and keep a check on the product’s export potential. The study will also be for identifying those artisans who need government help for skill development.
Modi, during the election campaign as BJP’s Varanasi candidate, had taken up the issues faced by the weavers and other artisans of local small scale industries in the eastern UP and promised to help them by providing advanced powerlooms if he came to power at the Centre.