Senior Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) office-bearer Shiv Sharan Pathak has been appointed in-charge of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s parliamentary constituency office in Varanasi.
BJP president Amit Shah will inaugurate the office at the city’s posh Ravindra Puri locality Wednesday.
Pathak had served as in-charge of BJP’s Kashi region office in Varanasi till the 2014 Lok Sabha elections. After the elections, he was shifted to RSS’s Prayag Vibhag as organisation secretary that covers four districts including Allahabad City, Allahabad Zila (rural), Pratapgarh and Kaushambi.
Pathak has now been called back to Varanasi to run Modi’s office that has been set up to redress the grievances of the locals.
As Modi has not appointed his Lok Sabha representative so far, Pathak and his team comprising four persons will attend to the people of the constituency.
The office is being set up on the ground floor of a 6,000 sq feet three-storied building known as ‘Ram Bhawan’.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The area falls in Varanasi Cantonment Assembly segment where BJP’s Jyotsana Srivastava is the MLA.
The first hall of the floor will be reserved for public visiting the office, another hall for VIP guests like local and state BJP leaders while another guest room has been set for VVIPs like party’s national leaders. Two rooms will serve as office and are equipped with computers.
When contacted, Pathak said the entire office has wi-fi connectivity and a database of all the complaints received and their redressal would be prepared and supervised.
“I will be available in the office round-the-clock with other staff members to attend to the public who can meet or call me over phone any time. I will ensure redressal of their problems with the help of the mayor, party MLAs and district administration,” said Pathak, who is associated with RSS since 1991, and has also worked in ABVP, the students’ wing of RSS.
The district administration has begun sprucing up the office surroundings ahead of its inauguration. Varanasi Municipal Corporation is repairing the road approaching Ram Bhawan. Administration officials are regularly visiting the area due to security reasons.
BJP leaders have erected 51 gates between Babatpur airport and Ravindra Puri and more than 2000 hoardings and cutouts have been placed on both sides of the roads to welcome Shah.
Shah will address party workers after the inaugural ceremony and hold a meeting with local leaders. Party state president Laxmikant Bajpai and general secretary (organisation) Sunil Bansal will also be present on the occasion. Union Minister Prakash Javadekar is also expected.