Lucknow based organisation Aaghaz Foundation has announced a Rs two lakh scholarship in memory of IT professional Mohsin Sadiq Shaikh who was recently murdered in Pune after derogatory pictures of Shivaji and Bal Thackeray uploaded on Facebook triggered communal tension in the city.
The scholarship will be given annually to a Muslim student pursuing engineering in Information Technology and will be called Mohsin Memorial Scholarship.
The fund for the scholarship is being raised from the community with numerous offers from Muslims across the world having already reached the foundation. Mohsin’s family, too, will be involved in the process and will be approached to meet the selected student at a function in Lucknow.
“Mohsin was innocent and a bystander and had no role in uploading the derogatory pictures on Facebook. He was brutally killed,” Mohammad Idrees, spokesperson for Aaghaz Foundation told The Indian Express.
“Mohsin’s family should be given adequate compensation and the guilty should be punished,” Idrees added. The scholarship will be given on the basis of an interview and merit by a screening committee with a priority to orphans. Information about the date of application will be provided to major minority educational institutes and through individuals.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched