The Moradabad police have announced rewards on three policemen, including former station officer Syed Mansoor Abdi, who are on the run after they were allegedly found to be involved in the kidnapping and murder of a jeweller whose body was recovered from adjoining Rampur district on January 28.
Two other constables allegedly involved in the case are in jail. Meanwhile, the family of the deceased jeweller, Satendra Rastogi, has sent a representation to the President, Prime Minister and UP Chief Minister, seeking a CBI probe into the case. They alleged that the involvement of policemen indicate a bigger conspiracy.
Moradabad SSP Ashutosh Kumar has announced a reward of Rs 5,000 on Mansoor and Rs 2,500 each on two constables Muninder and Rahul.
Mansoor was station officer of Mudhapandey police station in Moradabad while the constables, too, were posted there.
The SSP said they have obtained non-bailable warrants against the absconding policemen Wednesday.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The investigation so far has reportedly indicated that the policemen threw the jeweller’s body in Rampur’s Patwai area.
When contacted, victim’s brother Hitendra said police investigation over the two weeks has only established that the policemen had thrown the jeweller’s body in Rampur.
“It is still not clear who kidnapped and killed his brother and why. We demanded a CBI investigation,” he said.
On January 27, Satendra Rastogi, who owned a jewellery shop in Moradabad’s Majhola area, was kidnapped while returning home.
The next day, Rampur police recovered his body from a field after receiving a call at the police control room. The caller also reportedly told the police that some schoolboys had spotted two persons throwing the body from a jeep in Patwai area.
The caller also gave the registration number of the jeep, which turned out to be of Moradabad’s Mudhapandey police station. The five policemen of the police station were learnt to be in that particular area when the body was dumped.
The erring policemen escaped but two of them — constables Amarpal and Amit — were arrested on February 4. They are lodged in jail while others are yet to be traced.