The Moradabad police have announced rewards on three policemen, including former station officer Syed Mansoor Abdi, who are on the run after they were allegedly found to be involved in the kidnapping and murder of a jeweller whose body was recovered from adjoining Rampur district on January 28.
Two other constables allegedly involved in the case are in jail. Meanwhile, the family of the deceased jeweller, Satendra Rastogi, has sent a representation to the President, Prime Minister and UP Chief Minister, seeking a CBI probe into the case. They alleged that the involvement of policemen indicate a bigger conspiracy.
Moradabad SSP Ashutosh Kumar has announced a reward of Rs 5,000 on Mansoor and Rs 2,500 each on two constables Muninder and Rahul.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Mansoor was station officer of Mudhapandey police station in Moradabad while the constables, too, were posted there.
The SSP said they have obtained non-bailable warrants against the absconding policemen Wednesday.
The investigation so far has reportedly indicated that the policemen threw the jeweller’s body in Rampur’s Patwai area.
When contacted, victim’s brother Hitendra said police investigation over the two weeks has only established that the policemen had thrown the jeweller’s body in Rampur.
“It is still not clear who kidnapped and killed his brother and why. We demanded a CBI investigation,” he said.
On January 27, Satendra Rastogi, who owned a jewellery shop in Moradabad’s Majhola area, was kidnapped while returning home.
The next day, Rampur police recovered his body from a field after receiving a call at the police control room. The caller also reportedly told the police that some schoolboys had spotted two persons throwing the body from a jeep in Patwai area.
The caller also gave the registration number of the jeep, which turned out to be of Moradabad’s Mudhapandey police station. The five policemen of the police station were learnt to be in that particular area when the body was dumped.
The erring policemen escaped but two of them — constables Amarpal and Amit — were arrested on February 4. They are lodged in jail while others are yet to be traced.