At a time when the state BJP unit is leading a crusade against the Akhilesh Yadav government on worsening law and order in Uttar Pradesh, Union Home Minister and party national president Rajnath Singh Saturday preferred to remain silent on the issue.
Replying to the media queries at party’s state headquarters, Rajnath said that he will not comment on the situation of any state.
Earlier in the day, Rajnath reached his Lok Sabha constituency Lucknow to address a meeting of party workers called to extend gratitude for helping him win the election. It is his first visit to Lucknow after taking oath as Union Home Minister.
At party state headquarters, when asked about the his (as Home Minister) view about the UP’s law and order situation and the steps Centre was taking, Rajnath said, “I will not comment on any state. Home Ministry has report about the situation of every state.”
Rajnath said that Home Ministry was preparing a comprehensive and integrated action plan to tackle the problem of terrorism, Naxalism and separatism. He said that the Centre will take a balanced action on these issues.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Rajnath himself had been targeting the UP government on law and order issue for the past two years. He had also led a delegation of BJP leaders and met President Pranab Mukherjee on September 22 last year demanding President’s rule in UP, soon after communal clashes broke oit in Muzaffarnagar. BJP state unit had recently staged a protest at Chief Minister’s Secretariat on the issue of crime against women after the alleged twin gangrape-murder of two girls in Badaun. BJP state president Laxmikant Bajpai had also sought intervention of the Union Home Minister on the law and order situation of UP and the party’s state unit had also appealed the Union Home Minister to force UP government to take appropriate action in Badaun case.