At least three inmates of government-run shelter home in Rae Bareli have died mysteriously in last two days while yet another has been shifted to King George Medical College, Lucknow in a critical state, officials said Sunday.
Additional Superintendent of Police, Rae Bareli, Brajesh Kumar Mishra citing postmortem report said tuberculosis claimed two inmates Saturday while the reason behind death of another inmate on Sunday is not known. Acting Chief Medical Superintendent of the district hospital, Dr S C Srivastava confirmed as much.
Alerted by the deaths, a team of doctors led by additional district magistrate (ADM) Om Prakash Chaubey visited the shelter home —- Rajkiya Pashchatvarti Dekhrekh Kendra —- where 55 women are being kept, to see if others were also suffering from some disease.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
“We are inspecting the shelter home, which is run by women and child welfare department. Some of the women staying there are mentally disturbed and were not able to talk about their ailment. Three others who died were also mentally disturbed,” said Chaubey.
According to police, Shalu,24, Sita,20, were found dead inside the shelter home Saturday morning. Police said Shalu was sent to the centre from Kanpur while Sita had come from Sultanpur. The inmate who died today was identified as Gudiya.