Uttrakhand Governor Aziz Qureshi, who has been given additional charge of Uttar Pradesh Governor, would take oath as Governor at Raj Bhavan, in Lucknow Monday.
B L Joshi, who had resigned from the post recently, would leave on the same day for Jaipur after being given “guard of honour” Monday morning. Qureshi would take oath at 6 pm same day.
Resignation of Joshi, a retired IPS officer of Rajasthan cadre, before the end of his term had come into limelight following reports of Centre asking UPA appointed Governors to resign. Joshi was recently given second term.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
A lawyer by profession, Qureshi (74) hails from Madhya Pradesh and has been a Congress leader since his youth days. He was elected as Member of Legislative Assembly in Madhya Pradesh in 1972 and also served as Minister in Madhya Pradesh Government during the same regime.
He has also been Member of All India Congress Committee. He was made Governor of Uttrakhand by the UPA Government on May 15, 2012.