Uttrakhand Governor Aziz Qureshi, who has been given additional charge of Uttar Pradesh Governor, would take oath as Governor at Raj Bhavan, in Lucknow Monday.
B L Joshi, who had resigned from the post recently, would leave on the same day for Jaipur after being given “guard of honour” Monday morning. Qureshi would take oath at 6 pm same day.
Resignation of Joshi, a retired IPS officer of Rajasthan cadre, before the end of his term had come into limelight following reports of Centre asking UPA appointed Governors to resign. Joshi was recently given second term.
A lawyer by profession, Qureshi (74) hails from Madhya Pradesh and has been a Congress leader since his youth days. He was elected as Member of Legislative Assembly in Madhya Pradesh in 1972 and also served as Minister in Madhya Pradesh Government during the same regime.
He has also been Member of All India Congress Committee. He was made Governor of Uttrakhand by the UPA Government on May 15, 2012.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest