BJP MPs from Uttar Pradesh, on Monday, started a day-long dharna in Lucknow as a part of the state-wide agitation to protest against power crisis, poor law and order situation and other issues. Around 50 MPs from the state have gone on a dharna at GPO park in Hazratganj to protest against power crisis, poor law and order situation and other public issues, BJP spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak said.
BJP had won 71 of 80 seats during Lok Sabha elections held earlier this year. He said that similar dharnas were being held at the district level by local units.Pathak said that the decision to stage state-wide dharna was taken during the state executive meeting held in Vrindavan last month.
He said that the MPs would submit a memorandum to Governor Ram Naik later in the day. The spokesman alleged that the law and order situation could be gauged from the incidents of crime against women and girls.
“The state government is not paying any attention on the issues related to the people. There is acute power crisis in the state, but the government has not done anything to address it,” he alleged. The dharna is not being held in 11 districts where bye-elections for Vidhan Sabha and Lok Sabha are being held.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016