BJP MPs from Uttar Pradesh, on Monday, started a day-long dharna in Lucknow as a part of the state-wide agitation to protest against power crisis, poor law and order situation and other issues. Around 50 MPs from the state have gone on a dharna at GPO park in Hazratganj to protest against power crisis, poor law and order situation and other public issues, BJP spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak said.
BJP had won 71 of 80 seats during Lok Sabha elections held earlier this year. He said that similar dharnas were being held at the district level by local units.Pathak said that the decision to stage state-wide dharna was taken during the state executive meeting held in Vrindavan last month.
He said that the MPs would submit a memorandum to Governor Ram Naik later in the day. The spokesman alleged that the law and order situation could be gauged from the incidents of crime against women and girls.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
“The state government is not paying any attention on the issues related to the people. There is acute power crisis in the state, but the government has not done anything to address it,” he alleged. The dharna is not being held in 11 districts where bye-elections for Vidhan Sabha and Lok Sabha are being held.