Several projects of Akhilesh Yadav’s government, which are yet to take off, figure in Samajwadi Party’s (SP) advertisement film for Lok Sabha poll campaign.
Most of the projects, unveiled in the ad under SP’s party flag, are in their infancy, but are highlighted as ‘Roz Naya Kadam’ by the Akhilesh government.
The 34-second ad film, produced by a Mumbai-based firm, begins with an aerial view of a cricket stadium with the SP flag on the field. An international level cricket stadium is proposed on Sultanpur road, but any work on the project site is yet to begin.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Another project —- setting up Janeshwar Mishra Park —- also figures in the film. The proposed 400-acre park in Lucknow is still under construction.
A state-of-the-art cancer institute on an area of 100 acres in Chak Gajariya farm is also a proposed project of the state government but features in the ad. Akhilesh had laid the foundation stone of the cancer institute on November 22 last year to mark 75th birthday of his father and SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav. But the project is yet to gather steam.
Metro rail project is also highlighted in the film as a gift by the SP government. Akhilesh had laid the foundation stone of Lucknow Metro on March 3, just two days before Lok Sabha polls were announced. Akhilesh had announced that it will take at least three years for turning Metro rail in Lucknow into a reality. Unsatisfied with the duration, Mulayam, during the same function, had set 18-month deadline to get the Metro running.
Similar is the situation with IT City in Lucknow, which also features in the ad film with pictures of the proposed building. Presently, the state government has only selected HCL as developer for the IT City while ground work is yet to start.
The most peculiar is the representation of Lucknow-Agra Access Controlled Expressway. The Rs 9,000-crore project did not find any takers when proposed under the Public Private Partnership (PPP) model and was later switched to Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) model. The project is yet to begin.
Earlier, SP had released two advertisement films in which the Samajwadi Pension Scheme was highlighted while in another women empowerment free laptop distributed by the state government are highlighted.
Achievements: Ground reality
International cricket stadium on Sultanpur road: Work on site yet to begin
400-acre Janeshwar Mishra Park in Lucknow: Under construction
Cancer institute in Chak Gajariya: Foundation laid
Lucknow Metro rail project: Foundation laid
IT City in Lucknow: Only developer selected
Lucknow-Agra Access Controlled Expressway: Project yet to take off