Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, also the state president of Samajwadi Party, has decided to set up a training school to reverse the fortunes of his party, which was trounced in the 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
Party sources said Samajwadi Training School would groom party cadres for political battles at various levels. Apart from being trained in socialist values, the cadres would be taught modern-day election strategies, they added.
The proposed institution will come up in Lucknow and is likely to be governed by Lohia Trust or Janeshwar Mishra Trust, both registered outfits of the Samajwadi Party.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“We are looking for land to set up the school. It will be a residential institution with hostel facility,” said the party’s state secretary S R S Yadav, who has been entrusted with the responsibility to find land for the school. He added that courses would be of 15 days to three months’ duration. Separate courses would be designed for primary workers, district-level workers and state-level cadres, Yadav said.
Contacted, Rajendra Choudhary, minister for political pension in Akhilesh’s cabinet, said: “Training is an integral part of life. Lots of changes have occurred since I first became MLA in 1974 and we need to update ourselves and our cadres. The school proposed by the CM Akhilesh Yadav is a timely inititative and will help the party.”
Cabinet minister Shivpal Yadav said training of SP workers in socialist values was essential for political battles. “I personally hand out books on Lohia to party workers. Our workers should know about socialist ideology,” he stated.
Cadres will be trained in back room operations during polls. Political science, economics and management will also be part of the curriculum. Experts from various universities and management institutes will be invited to lecture at the school.
Shivpal further revealed that the courses would stress on the ways in which social media and technology could be used to boost poll fortunes.
“This apart, veteran socialists will share their experiences to motivate cadres,” he added.
Shivpal added that the course module would be flexible and changed as and when required. Public speaking and crowd management will also be taught. The school will also serve as a nursery to prepare a force of cadres for the party. Passouts will become members of the SP and will be absorbed in the many frontal wings of the party.