A day after the district administration denied permission to Hyderabad MP and president of All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul -Muslimeen (AIMIM) president Asaduddin Owaisi for holding a public rally at Sanjarpur in Azamgarh on February 1, the organisers have decided to move Allahabad High Court against the decision.
“We will move to the High Court Saturday seeking directive to the district administration to grant us permission for organising the rally,” Hamid Sanjari, organiser of the rally said.
He said that Owaisi has assured to help them in fighting the legal battle. “We will get justice. The state government is on the backfoot over harassment of Muslims and do not want anyone to raise their voice,” he said.
Sanjari had given two applications, on January 13 and 20, seeking permission from the administration, which was turned down on January 30.
While denying permission for the rally, the district administration has cited the report of station officer of Saraimeer police station who had categorically mentioned in his report?’The public meeting is likely to have adverse impact on communal harmony and it can affect law and order situation and hence it does not look appropriate to grant the permission’.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The district administration, in the denial letter, mentioned that the two applications of Hamid Sanjari seeking permission are not on prescribed format thus there is confusion over issues such as timing, aim, type of meeting and number of people coming to the meeting.
The administration also cited the new order issued by Principal Secretary, Home in September last year, after Muzaffarnagar communal riots, that “no panchayat, mahapanchayat or any meeting should be permitted in which large congregation is expected and programme, which will have adverse impact on communal harmony should be evaluated”.
Besides, the administration also has claimed that LIU inputs had informed that photograpgs of Akbaruddin Owaisi, who is the brother of Asaduddin Owaisi, has also been printed on the posters for the meeting. Since Akbaruddin is “known for inflammatory speeches” and “Azamgarh is communally sensitive”, other sections and political parties can react on speeches of the orators, it said.
Besides addressing the rally, Owaisi had to attend a conference of Muslims at Shibli College in Azamgarh on February 2.