HYDERABAD MP and president of All India Majlis Ittehadul Muslimeen (AIMIM) Asaduddin Owaisi is set to visit Lucknow on Monday. Though he will not address any public meeting, he would meet several clerics.
Earlier, a public meeting and a two-day visit (March 17 and 18) to Lucknow could not be held as the administration did not grant Owaisi permission citing law and order issues.
- Salman Nadvi acting at behest of Modi: Asaduddin Owaisi
- Salman Nadwi acting at behest of PM Modi, says Owaisi
- AIMIM’s Owaisi demands 3-year jail term to those calling Indian Muslims ‘Pakistani’
- Triple talaq: Law no solution to social ills, says Asaduddin Owaisi
- PM Modi, BJP laid red carpet for those who targeted kids, says Asaduddin Owaisi
- Asaduddin Owaisi raises slogans of ‘Hindustan Zindabad’, ‘Jai Hind’ at party meet
He, however, was allowed to visit Lucknow. “Now, Owaisi will arrive in Lucknow on Monday at 8.30 pm. Since there is no public meeting, no permission is required,” said Shaukat Ali, AIMIM state convener.
Owaisi plans to visit Mazar at Dewa Shareef in Barabanki and Islamic seminary Nadwatul Uloom. He will also meet the president of All India Muslim Personal Law Board, Maulana Rabey Hasan Nadwi — also the rector of Nadwa.
Owaisi further plans to meet Shia cleric Maulana Kalbe Jawwad and party workers at Bulaqi Adda.